The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology B A-level

Scroll to see replies

Original post by glad-he-ate-her
Nah no practicals will come up, they may ask a question and describe a practical but then they would ask you to calculate or analyse a graph and ask some theory questions

Pm tomorrow right?

Pheww
Yes! Good luck
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Pheww
Yes! Good luck

To you too

Will discuss answers here tomorrow if you want.
Any topics you are dreading
for some reason i dont like phloem loading or plant gas exchange, dont want question on replica plating
To you too

Will discuss answers here tomorrow if you want.
Any topics you are dreading
for some reason i dont like phloem loading or plant gas exchange, dont want question on replica plating

I used to hate translocation too but I finally understood it yesterday. Same here I don't want a Q on replica plating, micobrial techniques, production of pollen grain and embryo sac, and definitely don't want a Q asking us to draw any of the carbohydrates or triglycerides because I always get confused.
Oh and I absolutely hate transport in fish. No matter how many times I read I don't get it. Only thing I understand is the counter current multiplier idea
(edited 6 years ago)
I used to hate translocation too but I finally understood it yesterday. Same here I don't want a Q on replica plating, micobrial techniques, production of pollen grain and embryo sac, and definitely don't want a Q asking us to draw any of the carbohydrates or triglycerides because I always get confused.

Yeah i get it but im not a big fan of explaining it
Oh my god i hope we dont get a pollen/ embryosac gametogenesis, i hate that, id much rather fertilisation, hope we get a 2 mark how to draw an amino acid (blessed)
I get you some of the monosaccharide structures get confusing, hoping for a big 5/6 compare DNA and RNA question.
Also what happened to those big fill in the blank questions
they used to be marks in the bank
Reply 25
Nah no practicals will come up, they may ask a question and describe a practical but then they would ask you to calculate or analyse a graph and ask some theory questions

Pm tomorrow right?

BIG RELIEF, THANK YOU!! Doing last minute revision for the pm exam.
Anything you're finding difficult?
Original post by wayds
BIG RELIEF, THANK YOU!! Doing last minute revision for the pm exam.
Anything you're finding difficult?

What i hope doesnt come up
-Gametogenesis in plants
-gas exchange in plants
-long 6 marker on comparing methods of measuring bacterial growth
-virus lytic and lysogenic pathway

What i hope does come up
- fertilisation in plants/humans
-magnification questions, % change calculations
-specific immune response, humoral/cell mediated
-Respiration stages
-some heart multiple choice questions
-comparing pros and cons of different microscope types

-
How was it?
did u manage to finish the exam
Original post by Ahmad ghosheh
did u manage to finish the exam

Yeah last question was a riddle though ( think i got some marks)
what did u put for the last question u u don't mind
I want to kill my self
Honestly I want to cry. I literally might as well not have revised. Nothing could have prepared me for that paper. The grade boundaries better be low. I'm talking 50% for A
hey,
what did u guys write for the last 6 mark question
i thought that exam was horrible what do guys think?
Reply 34
Yo that paper was insane. What did y'all write for the salmonella qn, the cDNA graph and the last one?
Both the six markers were so bad, I'm literally never going to get an A
Original post by HCTron
Yo that paper was insane. What did y'all write for the salmonella qn, the cDNA graph and the last one?

For the Salmonella/Staphylococcus I talked about how salmonella is an endotoxin and can only have an effect once lipopolysaccharide cell wall breaks die when bacteria dies so salmonella takes longer to have pathogenic effect whereas staphylococcus does not. The graph showed how high numbers of people reported food poisoning 2 hrs after lunch
Reply 37
Ah that makes sense I guess. I wrote the opposite way and said Staphylococcus was an exotoxin which went around in body fluids hence the various time periods of cases
(edited 6 years ago)
[QUOTE="teenhorrorstory;72082528"]For the Salmonella/Staphylococcus I talked about how salmonella is an endotoxin and can only have an effect once lipopolysaccharide cell wall breaks die when bacteria dies so salmonella takes longer to have pathogenic effect whereas staphylococcus does not. The graph showed how high numbers of people reported food poisoning 2 hrs after lunch[/QUOTE

What did you get for your spearmans?
For the Salmonella/Staphylococcus I talked about how salmonella is an endotoxin and can only have an effect once lipopolysaccharide cell wall breaks die when bacteria dies so salmonella takes longer to have pathogenic effect whereas staphylococcus does not. The graph showed how high numbers of people reported food poisoning 2 hrs after lunch

Yeah i said same i also said exotoxin can act at distance to infection site so soprdic growth period and takes longer to get rid of, flux in bacterial population numbers as grpah shows
Harsh question tho
tough paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending