English Lit - A Christmas Carol , Themes , Character Profiles , Character Quotes Watch

HBHBJ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I Have complied a lot of revision resources together in one booklet on A Christmas carol. You can find this information online eg on GCSE BITESIZE ect but its easier if its all together printed off in one booklet

Includes :
Themes - x3 w/ Evidence and Analysis
Structure - w/ evidence , explanations and analysis
Language - eg personification w/ quotes and more
Finally - character profiles with their key quotes explained ect

Enjoy - Hopes this helps you smash LIT
Attached files
Advertisement
MChambers
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks a lot, nice work! Here's something I made (unfinished) on A Christmas Carol (as well as An Inspector Calls and Macbeth) with a template for working out what to include on a question (it's a table of themes x characters as these are the two question types that could come up in the exam - you'll see what I mean). Please use it/ add to it/ whatever (and reupload with added info!). I also included a template for any other Literature you may be studying.
Attached files
z_o_e
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can someone help me analyse this Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1495374389.765642.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  117.9 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Advertisement
MChambers
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
' 'And I know,' said Bob,' I know, my dears, that when we recollect how patient and how mild he was; although he was a little, little child' '
- Bob Cratchit, Stave 4

Analysis:

'patient' and 'mild' - possible reference to Jesus (as a baby) similar to 'tender and mild' description of Jesus in Away in a Manger (which is a Christmas Carol) - therefore Tiny Tim epitomises the innocence and purity of children - Dickens' message: children are to be cherished (link to importance of education? 'Ignorance and Want' ). Theme = family/ children

'recollect' - Tiny Tim is in their memories forever - even after he is dead - as he was so compassionate in his life. This contrasts with Scrooge who's death is forgotten about (in Stave 4 w/ Ghost of Christmas yet to come) because he showed no compassion. Dickens' message: importance of being compassionate towards others (also keeping family close). Theme = compassion/ redemption

'I know' - repetition - Bob is struggling to talk/ put his emotion into words - Bob is full of emotion/ sorrow. This makes Scrooge (and the reader) feel sorry for him - Scrooge feels guilty as this is a consequence of Scrooge not helping Tiny TIm/ the Cratchits. Dicken's message: Scrooge/ the reader should be charitable to the others (e.g. the Cratchits) and also that it's okay to show emotion. Theme = compassion /(charity)

'my dears' - Bob cherishes his family - Scrooge should strive to do this with his remaining family (Fred) - Dicken's message: have a duty to look after your family (if not the rest of society). Links to Scrooge's treatment of Fred in Stave 1 and Scrooge becoming 'like a second father' to TIny Tim in Stave 5. Theme: family

Had a go! BOI
HBHBJ
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by MChambers)
Thanks a lot, nice work! Here's something I made (unfinished) on A Christmas Carol (as well as An Inspector Calls and Macbeth) with a template for working out what to include on a question (it's a table of themes x characters as these are the two question types that could come up in the exam - you'll see what I mean). Please use it/ add to it/ whatever (and reupload with added info!). I also included a template for any other Literature you may be studying.
Nice work so far !! , looking good
Advertisement
studytosucceed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
anyone have quotes for each possible acc and mabeth theme? i am stresssssssssssssing out
AzminaAli
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank youuu, good luck tomoz.
Advertisement
Joe_r122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DreamerBeliever)
anyone have quotes for each possible acc and mabeth theme? i am stresssssssssssssing out
Hope these helped attached
studytosucceed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
thabk you sooooooooooooooo much ! life saver
(Original post by Joe_r122)
Hope these helped attached
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (8)
8%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (10)
10%
No, but maybe I will look into it (25)
25%
No and I wouldn't consider it (57)
57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed