English Lit - A Christmas Carol , Themes , Character Profiles , Character Quotes

Watch
HBHBJ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I Have complied a lot of revision resources together in one booklet on A Christmas carol. You can find this information online eg on GCSE BITESIZE ect but its easier if its all together printed off in one booklet

Includes :
Themes - x3 w/ Evidence and Analysis
Structure - w/ evidence , explanations and analysis
Language - eg personification w/ quotes and more
Finally - character profiles with their key quotes explained ect

Enjoy - Hopes this helps you smash LIT
Attached files
MChambers
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks a lot, nice work! Here's something I made (unfinished) on A Christmas Carol (as well as An Inspector Calls and Macbeth) with a template for working out what to include on a question (it's a table of themes x characters as these are the two question types that could come up in the exam - you'll see what I mean). Please use it/ add to it/ whatever (and reupload with added info!). I also included a template for any other Literature you may be studying.
Attached files
z_o_e
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can someone help me analyse this Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1495374389.765642.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  117.9 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
MChambers
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
' 'And I know,' said Bob,' I know, my dears, that when we recollect how patient and how mild he was; although he was a little, little child' '
- Bob Cratchit, Stave 4

Analysis:

'patient' and 'mild' - possible reference to Jesus (as a baby) similar to 'tender and mild' description of Jesus in Away in a Manger (which is a Christmas Carol) - therefore Tiny Tim epitomises the innocence and purity of children - Dickens' message: children are to be cherished (link to importance of education? 'Ignorance and Want' ). Theme = family/ children

'recollect' - Tiny Tim is in their memories forever - even after he is dead - as he was so compassionate in his life. This contrasts with Scrooge who's death is forgotten about (in Stave 4 w/ Ghost of Christmas yet to come) because he showed no compassion. Dickens' message: importance of being compassionate towards others (also keeping family close). Theme = compassion/ redemption

'I know' - repetition - Bob is struggling to talk/ put his emotion into words - Bob is full of emotion/ sorrow. This makes Scrooge (and the reader) feel sorry for him - Scrooge feels guilty as this is a consequence of Scrooge not helping Tiny TIm/ the Cratchits. Dicken's message: Scrooge/ the reader should be charitable to the others (e.g. the Cratchits) and also that it's okay to show emotion. Theme = compassion /(charity)

'my dears' - Bob cherishes his family - Scrooge should strive to do this with his remaining family (Fred) - Dicken's message: have a duty to look after your family (if not the rest of society). Links to Scrooge's treatment of Fred in Stave 1 and Scrooge becoming 'like a second father' to TIny Tim in Stave 5. Theme: family

Had a go! BOI
HBHBJ
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by MChambers)
Thanks a lot, nice work! Here's something I made (unfinished) on A Christmas Carol (as well as An Inspector Calls and Macbeth) with a template for working out what to include on a question (it's a table of themes x characters as these are the two question types that could come up in the exam - you'll see what I mean). Please use it/ add to it/ whatever (and reupload with added info!). I also included a template for any other Literature you may be studying.
Nice work so far !! , looking good
studytosucceed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
anyone have quotes for each possible acc and mabeth theme? i am stresssssssssssssing out
AzminaAli
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank youuu, good luck tomoz.
Joe_r122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DreamerBeliever)
anyone have quotes for each possible acc and mabeth theme? i am stresssssssssssssing out
Hope these helped attached
studytosucceed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
thabk you sooooooooooooooo much ! life saver
(Original post by Joe_r122)
Hope these helped attached
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.67%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (16)
14.95%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (20)
18.69%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (13)
12.15%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (34)
31.78%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (19)
17.76%

Watched Threads