The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Private Accommodation near the University.

Hi all,

I'm going to be starting my Mlitt in September at Glasgow, which I'm really excited for, but I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out accommodation.

I'm looking to rent privately, preferably a house share, nearish the University, but most of the information available online is about the post grad halls.

Can someone point me in the direction of any websites, facebook pages etc. where people are either advertising for house mates, or where there is just more information about renting in the city.

Thanks!
Original post by elliotgrater
Hi all,

I'm going to be starting my Mlitt in September at Glasgow, which I'm really excited for, but I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out accommodation.

I'm looking to rent privately, preferably a house share, nearish the University, but most of the information available online is about the post grad halls.

Can someone point me in the direction of any websites, facebook pages etc. where people are either advertising for house mates, or where there is just more information about renting in the city.

Thanks!

Hi Elliot!

If you're sure you don't want to stay in student accommodation... :biggrin:

I would recommend spareroom.co.uk and accommodationforstudents as two of the biggest websites. There are also lots of local lettings agencies that will be used to finding places for students - but be careful because a few of them are dodgy! They will put lots of pressure on you to decide quickly, and some do charge illegal fees.

I would also recommend contacting the SRC (www.glasgowstudent.net) as they have lots of advice about flathunting in Glasgow and avoiding scams.

Does that help at all?
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Any luck finding something so far? I'm looking for private accommodation too.
Original post by psuspark
Any luck finding something so far? I'm looking for private accommodation too.

Hello! If you are struggling to find privately rented accommodation you could always consider private university accommodation. I work at Bridge House and we have a few en-suite rooms left here.

We're really popular with students who have not received a place in university halls or would like a different halls experience. We only have 128 residents here so we're a bit smaller and have a nice community vibe.

For more information you can have a look at our website: http://freshstudentliving.co.uk/location/glasgow/bridge-house/ to see if we might be a good fit for you.

Thanks,

Lilith Johnstone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending