The Student Room Group

Official 2018 Drama School Audition Thread.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Vagina monologues , start of the "vulva club". used it this year to great success , and its very unlikely anyone else will be doing the same
Reply 181
Is anyone here applying for OSU? My audition is March 6th and not sure what to expect!
Hi
Foundation courses aren't eligible for PCDL's I'm afraid (sorry :-()
(edited 6 years ago)
THe day has finally arrived, RADA; the second time I’ve ever auditioned for you happens in t-minus 10 hours. Of course I’m not expecting anything, I mean, it’s freaking RADA!! But it would be great to kick this season off with a good audition (regardless of the result).

Woooo! I’m pumped, let’s go baby!
Anyone heard anything from LAMDA auditions around the 11th Feb?
Hi guys,

I haven't auditioned at RADA since 2014, so I'm not too sure what's going on... I had my regional audition on Wednesday and haven't had a result yet. I know they were seeing so many people on Wednesday so they wouldn't have got round to deliberating/processing audition results until Thursday/Friday... basically, what I'm wondering is when will I hear back?

Also, will they send my results in email or letter form? Because, I mean, with this snow storm coming, I'm not too sure if the post will come on time!
When I auditioned two years ago, I recieved my reply in the post
Original post by DramaStudent
Hi guys,

I haven't auditioned at RADA since 2014, so I'm not too sure what's going on... I had my regional audition on Wednesday and haven't had a result yet. I know they were seeing so many people on Wednesday so they wouldn't have got round to deliberating/processing audition results until Thursday/Friday... basically, what I'm wondering is when will I hear back?

Also, will they send my results in email or letter form? Because, I mean, with this snow storm coming, I'm not too sure if the post will come on time!

Most schools send results by email now.

If you haven’t heard anything after two weeks, then I’d get in touch, but not hearing anything within the first week is perfectly normal. This is the busiest time of the year for admissions.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi guys,

I had my short workshop audition at RADA nearly two weeks ago and I'm still waiting to hear back, sooo i wouldn't worry if I was you haha.
Anyone else currently waiting to hear back?
I think it must be a very busy time for them right now.

also i've had all my results so far via email. nothing in the post.
Original post by forestng
I had my short workshop audition at RADA nearly two weeks ago and I'm still waiting to hear back, sooo i wouldn't worry if I was you haha.
Anyone else currently waiting to hear back?
I think it must be a very busy time for them right now.

also i've had all my results so far via email. nothing in the post.

Any news yet?
Original post by Grape24
Most schools send results by email now.

If you haven’t heard anything after two weeks, then I’d get in touch, but not hearing anything within the first week is perfectly normal. This is the busiest time of the year for admissions.

I'm just doing that overanalyzing thing haha, I've been told that it's more common to hear earlier if you've got a recall or not.
Same but apparently they're doing emails now, maybe it's posted if you haven't got a recall?
Original post by hckennedy
When I auditioned two years ago, I recieved my reply in the post
I auditioned in Newcastle for RADA two weeks ago today, and heard back today. I got an email :smile:
Original post by jencassidy
I auditioned in Newcastle for RADA two weeks ago today, and heard back today. I got an email :smile:

Awesome, did you get a recall this time?
Awesome, did you get a recall this time?

This was my first year auditioning. I got a recall for the Foundation Course but no further with the BA. Still extremely happy however!
SO FAR

RWCMD --> Recall --> No

Guildhall --> No

LAMDA --> Not auditioning

RADA --> Recall --> No date yet

CSSD --> Recall --> No

BOVTS --> Recall --> Awaiting results

Drama Centre --> Recall --> Final Round

Royal Scottish --> 2nd 1st --> Recall --> No

Juliard -->Recall --> No

Tisch --> Awaiting results

Adler --> Didn't audition

Esper --> Recall --> Yes (but on a course I can't afford, so, may as well be a no)

Strasberg --> No
(edited 6 years ago)
SO FAR

RWCMD --> Recall --> No

Guildhall --> No

CSSD --> Recall --> No

Juliard -->Recall --> No

Esper --> Recall --> Yes (but on a course I can't afford, so, may as well be a no)

Strasberg --> No

Congrats on all of your recalls! Did you have to go to the US for your auditions for the American schools or do they hold international auditions?
Original post by Grape24
Congrats on all of your recalls! Did you have to go to the US for your auditions for the American schools or do they hold international auditions?

Yeah, but I organised them all around the time I was in NYC at the time; so I had them all in the same week :smile:.

And thank you, hope you’re doing well as well! Personally I’ve found Guildhall to be the coldest school so far (just my opinion) but other than that I’ve had a really good year! Hoping something comes of the recalls :smile:
SO FAR

RWCMD --> Recall --> No

Guildhall --> No

CSSD --> Recall --> No

Juliard -->Recall --> No

Strasberg --> No

MORE RESULTS

RWCMD --> Recall --> No

Guildhall --> No

CSSD --> Recall --> No

BOVTS --> Recall --> Final Round

Juliard -->Recall --> No

Tisch --> Yes (but no scholarship may as well be no)

Strasberg --> No

It has really been a mixed bag!
Hey guysss!!
It's my second year of torturous auditions, just wondering how everyone's doing!! So far for me it's been a good year, but it really doesn't get easier though my god, so far I've had:

RWCMD: Recall this Saturday
BOVTS: No (got a recall last year so was GUTTED!!!!)
Rose Bruford: Recall on the 24th March
LAMDA: Second First still waiting for result (though I've heard recall notifications come quite quickly so not holding my breath!)
RADA: Got through to 3rd round (eeeeek!!)
Guildford: Recall and waiting to know if I got a place
Royal Scottish: No answer yet but done 1st round

It's all very bitter sweet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending