Can i apply for student finance twice

Watch
XPhebeZ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have recently undergone a university degree and have successfully completed it. However now i find myself wanting to study a completely different subject at university level. Do i have the option to apply for student finance to fund my second degree if i chose to pursue it?
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by XPhebeZ)
I have recently undergone a university degree and have successfully completed it. However now i find myself wanting to study a completely different subject at university level. Do i have the option to apply for student finance to fund my second degree if i chose to pursue it?
Not if it's an undergraduate degree.

If it's a masters degree then yes.
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Only if it's an NHS-based degree, which is exempt from restrictions on funding second degrees.
Sofi100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm on a level 4 access to higher education still studying at college the course finishes in July. But the open uni degree starts in march 2018. The level four is student finance supported can I apply for another student finance application for the degree in march
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi XPhebeZ,

Student Finance England will not fund an equivalent level qualification ELQ, unless it classed as an exception couse.

Can I ask what is the course that you are looking at undertaking?

Thanks Rona
Sofi100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rona SFE)
Hi XPhebeZ,

Student Finance England will not fund an equivalent level qualification ELQ, unless it classed as an exception couse.

Can I ask what is the course that you are looking at undertaking?

Thanks Rona
BA degree in philosophy and psychology open university
John B SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi XPhebeZ,

In general, if you already hold a degree you won't be eligible to receive student finance for another degree. There are some courses that re exceptions to this rule, these are usually NHS courses, PGCE's and Allied Health Professions (AHP's).

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

John.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
57.86%
I don't have everything I need (142)
42.14%

Watched Threads