AQA English Literature Paper 1 2017 THREAD

Watch this thread
Emmzy04
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Here's a thread for anyone who wants to talk about the paper 1 exam and how you guys felt about it!
jessru
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
I thought the questions were quite easy
12mittalh
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I did Macbeth and GE.
Macbeth was easy, but GE was hard and f**k AQA for that awful extract, and the question was just stupid.
Grade boundaries for GE will be low.
iHateGCSEz
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Anyone do Christmas Carol? The question was sooo f**cked up. I really did not like it.
chronic.stress
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
i did christmas carol - didnt mind the question but the extract was awful
Kieraaaan
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
the romeo and juliet one was pretty hard in my opinion, i didn't like it whatsoever.
KingdomGudManga
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chronic.stress)
i did christmas carol - didnt mind the question but the extract was awful
Extract was good for explaining why the cratchit family are a poor struggling family. Lots of language devices.
DontJudgeImANerd
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I did Macbeth and Jekyll and Hyde, both pretty easy
username3254586
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
predicting grade boundaries anyone???!!?
i did macbeth and jekyll and hyde... found them okay
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 12mittalh)
I did Macbeth and GE.
Macbeth was easy, but GE was hard and f**k AQA for that awful extract, and the question was just stupid.
I did the same Macbeth was easy Great Expectations was alright I needed more
time for Macbeth and Great Expectations I talked about the beginning about the
unequal relationship between Pip and Magwitch- 'keep still or I will cut your throat'

In the end Pip meets Magwitch I think In prison and Pip tells him that his daughter is alive- I didn't have time to talk about this
whoisme
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 12mittalh)
I did Macbeth and GE.
Same!! Who does Magwitch for the first ever exam with the new spec?! I want to burn that book.
Stileslover
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I think Macbeth went alright but low and behold the Great Expectations question. Aqa is killing me. I had to use the shortest quotes🙁
Sailor~
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I did Merchant of Venice and J&H
I was super happy with them oml
Two character questions?
Get in boiz
Lozza0101
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
What was the question for Macbeth paper today please? I did it but can't remember for the life of me!!
bellanh
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lozza0101)
What was the question for Macbeth paper today please? I did it but can't remember for the life of me!!
how is ambition presented in this extract and through out
bellanh
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Did Macbeth and Frankenstein . Questions were easy - didn't plan my answer though so it was jumbled😂
lighth_lawliet
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Guys, in the exam today I did Macbeth and A Christmas Carol. Most of my points revolved around structure and form (with some context) rather than language analysis. Is that bad? I'm aiming for an 8 Image

By most I mean I had around one language point only.
JayC121
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I did Macbeth and A Christmas Carol, both fairly easy. However the chrismas carol question for the rest of the play part should have been poverty in general not just the cratchit family
east_123
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
i think i did pretty well but i wasnt expecting the extract in an christmas carol to be on the Cratchit family
JayC121
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by NateRiver)
Guys, in the exam today I did Macbeth and A Christmas Carol. Most of my points revolved around structure and form (with some context) rather than language analysis. Is that bad? I'm aiming for an 8 Image

By most I mean I had around one language point only.
Well my teacher says you cannot get higher than a band 4 without A02 which is quotes, i did the same texts as you but didn't write about structure or form in any of them but included alot of context
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.44%
The paper was reasonable (133)
36.94%
Not feeling great about that exam... (105)
29.17%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.44%

Watched Threads