Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For the diagram what did u shift as or ad
Reply 2
What did u write for ten maker
Reply 3
Original post by Gxurg

I spoke about the fact the EU is struggling with their recovery which would mean that they wouldnt necessarily import from UK which would mean production will fall leading to more spare capacity. In this way, not all the resources r employed efficiently leading to low productivity as the economy is working within the PPF.

Also, the UK has issues with the manufacturing side of things due to exporting more services than goods. This is because of the decline in ship building and metal productions. This has lead to structural unemployment leading to occupational immobility of labour. Unemployment means that factor of production are again not utilised to the fullest, as labour is a f.o.p leading to productivity, as the economy is again working within the PPF.
shift as left
Reply 5
Original post by Gxurg
For the diagram what did u shift as or ad

AS, since it was a cost of production. In fact, SRAS
who has mark scheme for context 1?
Reply 7
Original post by Cheesemasters
who has mark scheme for context 1?

its in the other tread, but really neither of the two threads are active this time around. edexcel already got 500+ replies.. not sure where the aqa kids disappeared tbh
Original post by coreHelp
I spoke about the fact the EU is struggling with their recovery which would mean that they wouldnt necessarily import from UK which would mean production will fall leading to more spare capacity. In this way, not all the resources r employed efficiently leading to low productivity as the economy is working within the PPF.

Also, the UK has issues with the manufacturing side of things due to exporting more services than goods. This is because of the decline in ship building and metal productions. This has lead to structural unemployment leading to occupational immobility of labour. Unemployment means that factor of production are again not utilised to the fullest, as labour is a f.o.p leading to productivity, as the economy is again working within the PPF.

Not using all resources efficiently is not an indication of low productivity but spare capacity
Reply 9
Original post by Gxurg

I talked about how the labour force could be unskilled which results in a decrease in productivity, this could be derived from a lack of government spending on supply side policies such as education and training.

Second point of mine is a bit crap but I said how there is factor and geographical immobility which can create long commute times and distances for the labour force which reduces their welfare causing a decrease in productivity, again resulting from a lack of government spending on supply side policies but this time a lack of spending on transportation links rather than education
Reply 10
Original post by keynes24
Not using all resources efficiently is not an indication of low productivity but spare capacity

Capacity utilisation. In a boom, firms may squeeze more output out of existing capacity through encouraging people to work overtime this increases labour productivity. In a recession, firms may hold onto workers, rather than let them go even if they are just working at 80% capacity therefore labour productivity falls.

Reply 11

Economic productivity will depend also on pricing and demand. If consumers require less products than potentially producible, plants will not work at full productive capacity. Thus economic productivity can well fall, as with decreasing demand and prices.
Reply 12
Original post by karunvsn
I talked about how the labour force could be unskilled which results in a decrease in productivity, this could be derived from a lack of government spending on supply side policies such as education and training.

Second point of mine is a bit crap but I said how there is factor and geographical immobility which can create long commute times and distances for the labour force which reduces their welfare causing a decrease in productivity, again resulting from a lack of government spending on supply side policies but this time a lack of spending on transportation links rather than education

so we kinda have spoken about the same things right ?

Capacity utilisation. In a boom, firms may squeeze more output out of existing capacity through encouraging people to work overtime this increases labour productivity. In a recession, firms may hold onto workers, rather than let them go even if they are just working at 80% capacity therefore labour productivity falls.

I think you are confusing production with productivity. Unless there is some sort of performance target or performance related pay it wouldn't lead to greater productivity
Economic productivity will depend also on pricing and demand. If consumers require less products than potentially producible, plants will not work at full productive capacity. Thus economic productivity can well fall, as with decreasing demand and prices.

I could be very productive at manufacturing a product and that wouldn't depend on demand. Not working at full capacity does not guarantee a fall in productivity. If you mention a rise in spare capacity or less demand you wouldn't get any marks.
If you mention that unemployed workers may lose their skills over time due to long term unemployment and that could cause a fall in productivity , then does another matter
Reply 15
I could be very productive at manufacturing a product and that wouldn't depend on demand. Not working at full capacity does not guarantee a fall in productivity. If you mention a rise in spare capacity or less demand you wouldn't get any marks.
If you mention that unemployed workers may lose their skills over time due to long term unemployment and that could cause a fall in productivity , then does another matter

Indeed, I've spoken about structural unemployment, which is caused by immobility of labour, especially occupational lacking in skills. - Hysteresis
would u not shift as to the right because it said that energy prices rose so firms would increase supply to profit maximise thats what many of us had done
AS, since it was a cost of production. In fact, SRAS
Reply 17
Original post by sparklegirl123
would u not shift as to the right because it said that energy prices rose so firms would increase supply to profit maximise thats what many of us had done

ehh not really .. i think u r thinking micro .. in macro at least, energy costs are a cost of production which makes it more expensive to produce goods and services.. + if they make their goods more expensive the consumers will demand less, resulting in supply falling anyways

- so it will be a left wards shift of SRAS
Reply 18
Data comparison, have u guys used negative digits to describe the changes between goods n services ..
For the 10 marker context B, could you talk about less immigration and less investment in education and training as a reason for low productivity?

And for the comparison question, as the balance of trade of goods is negative do you use the biggest bar or the smallest bar (do you use the biggest magnitude of trade of goods or smallest magnitude) for high point low point

Quick Reply

Latest