19farahm
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
How did you find the English literature paper? The questions I did were An Inspector Calls and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.
Simselene
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 19farahm)
How did you find the English literature paper? The questions I did were An Inspector Calls and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.
same, I thought it was alright actually
19farahm
Rep:
?
(Original post by Simselene)
same, I thought it was alright actually
What did you think of extract 2?
dx31
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What did you think of extract 2?
I thought it was alright but I thought the comparison question for Inspector Calls was quite hard cause they barely gave us anything.
What do you think about grade boundaries?
Simselene
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by dx31)
I thought it was alright but I thought the comparison question for Inspector Calls was quite hard cause they barely gave us anything.
Yeah that's true
tanisha04
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I found the comparison question tricky, but the 40 marker for jekyll and hyde was ok but i don't know if i rlly answered the question properly as i tried to get everything down.. What did you answer for part B for an inspector calls where it asked something like "Describe another difficult relationship in the play"
19farahm
Rep:
?
(Original post by tanisha04)
I found the comparison question tricky, but the 40 marker for jekyll and hyde was ok but i don't know if i rlly answered the question properly as i tried to get everything down.. What did you answer for part B for an inspector calls where it asked something like "Describe another difficult relationship in the play"
I wrote about Eric and Eva's relationship. I wrote about 5 paragraphs , one paragraph about the background of the situation and linked to the context.
Another paragraph I think was about how his parents reacted to eva & Eric's relationship. For example like quotes like " I am blame the father of this child, he should be made an example of" and "So, you had to go bed with her".
I think another paragraph was on how Eric thought of the situation and his emotion during the diffuilt relationship.
I don't remember what I wrote about my fourth paragraph.
Then in.my conclusion addressed in at her quote but I don't remember.
19farahm
Rep:
?
(Original post by dx31)
I don't know I think the grade boundaries could quite high, since some of my friends found it quite easy. What you think the grade boundaries will be? I had manged to finish on time but I did struggle with the timing.
dx31
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't know I think the grade boundaries could quite high, since some of my friends found it quite easy. What you think the grade boundaries will be? I had manged to finish on time but I did struggle with the timing.
Idk about grade boundaries. Has your teacher told you anything about them? like what they could be?
jimsterjam
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did the exact same 2 books as you. For the other moment question i did Eric's relationship with Mr and Mrs Birling near the end of the play. I found the paper pretty hard in general and confusing with the weird story about Di Viv and Rose. All in all I'm aiming for a level7 but not sure if i would've quite reached it, but im hoping to bring it up to a 7 in the next paper on Friday.
tanisha04
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What poetry cluster are you guys studying?
Skyblue.Salma
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Has anyone got the actual paper? If anyone has paper, could you PLEASE attach it in this thread as it will help all those who will be sitting these PAINFUL exams next year! :')
19farahm
Rep:
?
What poetry cluster are you guys studying?
OCR's poetry book called "Towards A World Unknown". In that book i am studying conflict poems. I am studying Macbeth!! What shakespeare text are you guys studying?
19farahm
Rep:
?
(Original post by Skyblue.Salma)
Has anyone got the actual paper? If anyone has paper, could you PLEASE attach it in this thread as it will help all those who will be sitting these PAINFUL exams next year! :'
I am sorry we are not allowed to take the paper out of room. But i can tell the questions. I will private message you the questions that we had
19farahm
Rep:
?
(Original post by jimsterjam)
I did the exact same 2 books as you. For the other moment question i did Eric's relationship with Mr and Mrs Birling near the end of the play. I found the paper pretty hard in general and confusing with the weird story about Di Viv and Rose. All in all I'm aiming for a level7 but not sure if i would've quite reached it, but im hoping to bring it up to a 7 in the next paper on Friday.
Good Luck, I am sure that you will do well
19farahm
Rep:
?
(Original post by dx31)
Idk about grade boundaries. Has your teacher told you anything about them? like what they could be?
Sorry i don't know what the grade boundaries will be or neither does my teacher.
tanisha04
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
OCR's poetry book called "Towards A World Unknown". In that book i am studying conflict poems. I am studying Macbeth!! What shakespeare text are you guys studying?
I'm doing macbeth too and the conflict cluster tomorrow? have you learnt all the poems???
19farahm
Rep:
?
I'm doing macbeth too and the conflict cluster tomorrow? have you learnt all the poems???
No i have learnt quotes from the poems and i have analysed the poems.
dx31
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No i have learnt quotes from the poems and i have analysed the poems.
How did you find it? THe love and relationships poems were so hard to compare
19farahm
Rep:
?
(Original post by dx31)
How did you find it? THe love and relationships poems were so hard to compare
I had a conflict poems to compare, my comparison my poems wer quite okay
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads