The Student Room Group

Worried job offer will be withdrawn

This is going to be long so bare with me

End of November I started a job at a nursery and I was not taken on at end my probation which was a couple of weeks ago.

During my time I was off sick three occasions, twice was couple of days due to D and V bug (I worked in a nursery) the other was for a back injury that lasted six weeks and I was technically still on sick when I was fired.

I also had to go home early twice with my little boy because he wasn't well. One of these times I said I would take him home and come back as I had someone there to look after him.

Last week I was offered a new job on condition of dbs first aid and two references.

Now what can my previous employer state on reference, including sickness and can the new employer withdraw their offer of employment due to sickness levels?

I'm really panicking as I'm worried my sickness will affect my new job 😞
Original post by Elainelwilliams
This is going to be long so bare with me

End of November I started a job at a nursery and I was not taken on at end my probation which was a couple of weeks ago.

During my time I was off sick three occasions, twice was couple of days due to D and V bug (I worked in a nursery) the other was for a back injury that lasted six weeks and I was technically still on sick when I was fired.

I also had to go home early twice with my little boy because he wasn't well. One of these times I said I would take him home and come back as I had someone there to look after him.

Last week I was offered a new job on condition of dbs first aid and two references.

Now what can my previous employer state on reference, including sickness and can the new employer withdraw their offer of employment due to sickness levels?

I'm really panicking as I'm worried my sickness will affect my new job 😞

It's fairly standard for your reference to include your attendance levels. How detailed they are is up to your previous employer. Generally, job offers are subject to receipt of two satisfactory references plus your DBS.

Moving forward, it would be advisable to make your new employer aware that there are issues with your attendance levels due to X, Y and Z, and what has now changed which would make you a good candidate. Otherwise, you run the risk of withdrawal of the offer due to the reference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending