What is Liverpool Uni like? Good and bad points? Watch

katiee987
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've got offers from Liverpool and Cardiff and need to pick my firm and insurance. They both have the same offer in terms of grades and the courses seem very similar. Plus, Liverpool and Cardiff are similar ranking in league tables (not that that matters very much) and are both Russell Group.

Due to being in hospital I haven't been able to visit Liverpool at all and only went to Cardiff for the interview. I really love the sound of Liverpool but am worried about what some people say about it, like it being rough and not respected and the uni not being very good, despite it's status, and the fab city.

What are your opinions? Positives and negatives?
I've heard the student union is really bad too? And does anyone know much about what their services for students with disabilities and mental health conditions are like?
username3433134
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Whilst I'm not currently a student there, I have to contradict some things others have said. It's very highly respected on a national, international and global scale (particularly in the health fields). Worth noting its also part of the Russell Group. They have an incredible student union in comparison to a lot of others I've seen and from what I can tell they respond to student needs/wishes quiet promptly and work to invest in continuously bettering the uni facilities for its students.
katiee987
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by PerhapsPhysio)
Whilst I'm not currently a student there, I have to contradict some things others have said. It's very highly respected on a national, international and global scale (particularly in the health fields). Worth noting its also part of the Russell Group. They have an incredible student union in comparison to a lot of others I've seen and from what I can tell they respond to student needs/wishes quiet promptly and work to invest in continuously bettering the uni facilities for its students.
Thank you! I made another thread in a different forum and got a few replies saying the exact same thing as you, which has really given me a bit more confidence!
username3433134
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by katiee987)
Thank you! I made another thread in a different forum and got a few replies saying the exact same thing as you, which has really given me a bit more confidence!
Ah yay! That's great to hear! I'm hoping to perhaps study Physiotherapy there next year so any and every positive review is so encouraging.
CaraS
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PerhapsPhysio)
Ah yay! That's great to hear! I'm hoping to perhaps study Physiotherapy there next year so any and every positive review is so encouraging.
I did Occupational Therapy there - the School of Health Sciences is fab. Would highly recommend it. The structure of the OT and physio courses is superior to all of the other unis I looked at IMO
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Liverpool.

Its a vibrant arty town with heaps of student stuff going on. Cardiff is ... well, Cardiff.

Liverpool Uni prides itself on not being the standard traditional Uni full of private school kids. You'll have a great time and study alongside some amazing people. Do it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (127)
19.51%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (62)
9.52%
No I am happy with my course choice (368)
56.53%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (94)
14.44%

Watched Threads