The Student Room Group

GCSE English Language AQA j June 2017 resit (old grading A-g)

i doing a resit for the old English grading as i only got a D last time and wondered if anyone Knew the grade boundaries and what they might think questions wise will come in june.
I am not sure what the grade bonudaries will be but I am hoping they will be low. I am also hoping that there will be a writing task that's writing to persuade or argue.
How did you find it ? Do you do aqa ? That's what I did and found q5 really hard
Q5 was hard haha, i wrote about having my imagination as my luxury what did you guys write about?
Reply 4
I'm the only one who did higher? The students who did higher, how did you guys found it?
Original post by lonesurviviorr
Q5 was hard haha, i wrote about having my imagination as my luxury what did you guys write about?

Q5 complete confused me. Like what was the luxury iteam for. I know it was for the article but was it for the only luxury I could have or my favourite. I had no idea what I was doing. I said my phone

Q6 was a really good question but question 2 I hated and same with 1b i found them so hard. It was the article that struck me and the topic. Like eggs ? Really ?
Reply 6
I did the higher paper; tbh I feel as if I should've used a lot more similes and metaphors for q5/6. I don't think I used much, so I'm feeling very disappointed.
Original post by Sheba-h
I did the higher paper; tbh I feel as if I should've used a lot more similes and metaphors for q5/6. I don't think I used much, so I'm feeling very disappointed.

I got C last year higher resit for med to get a B, the paper today was decent are the grade boundaries lower or higher for resits on higher paper.
Original post by Account user
I got C last year higher resit for med to get a B, the paper today was decent are the grade boundaries lower or higher for resits on higher paper.

I did higher today and I also need to achieve a B for my uni at UCL for medical sciences. I found the paper very lovely, I think it's the best one so far out of the past papers I have done.
Reply 9
Original post by Sheba-h

Chill, metaphors and similes are not required in qu6 you may use them but it's more about persuasive techniques.
Reply 10
Original post by Ala69
Chill, metaphors and similes are not required in qu6 you may use them but it's more about persuasive techniques.

[QUOTE=Account user;71922630]I got C last year higher resit for med to get a B, the paper today was decent are the grade boundaries lower or higher for resits on higher paper.

I guess you're right, I do hope so.
I was debating and confused whether to argue for or against . It didn't state so I argued for because I agree that change should proceed
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by monelbailey
I was debating and confused whether to argue for or against . It didn't state so I argued for because I agree that change should proceed

I think you could ether do for or angaist as I did angaist
Was you meant to write a thing about what you like about it
(edited 6 years ago)
wrote about a car and how I liked it etc. Am I right though?
I did same exam which was aqua foundation I found the okay it was not easy but then it was not too hard . I loved that the main theme of the exam was eggs and I hope everyone passes
[QUOTE="magicalpony;72964952"]I did same exam which was aqua foundation I found the okay it was not easy but then it was not too hard . I loved that the main theme of the exam was eggs and I hope everyone passes[/QUOTE
Hi, I had my GCSE 3 years ago and I had a D just asking is the system for foundation changed and is it harder now than before? Please help as am thinking about 're doing it
Well they have scraped this exam now. So for the new aqa exam it's 1-9 instead of u - a.Even for resiters. I resat in June and unfortunately got a d again and will have to do this new exam. I don't know much about it it's just that I have heard and seen a it's harder exam but the grade boundaries are lower I think. I am not sure how true that is as I have not done the new exam or know much about it.Can I ask you a question? Has getting a d in English effect you getting a job or getting into futher or higher education ?
Original post by Hollyhop23
Well they have scraped this exam now. So for the new aqa exam it's 1-9 instead of u - a.Even for resiters. I resat in June and unfortunately got a d again and will have to do this new exam. I don't know much about it it's just that I have heard and seen a it's harder exam but the grade boundaries are lower I think. I am not sure how true that is as I have not done the new exam or know much about it.Can I ask you a question? Has getting a d in English effect you getting a job or getting into futher or higher education ?
Hi, I got the same issue with English as I had a D and planning to do It again and in university they require at least a C.

Quick Reply

Latest