I want an A in Alevel history will my coursework be much help

Watch
Ilovefood7172
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I am aiming for an A in Alevel history as I am planning on going to Uni to study History. I do the AQA course and I'm wondering how helpful my History coursework will be. The coursework is worth 20% of my final grade and I got an A in the coursework overall. Will the 20% be much help in pushing my grade up. Realistically In the exams I tend to get High B or Low As If I get a high B or mid B would that 20% push me into an A
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ilovefood7172)
So I am aiming for an A in Alevel history as I am planning on going to Uni to study History. I do the AQA course and I'm wondering how helpful my History coursework will be. The coursework is worth 20% of my final grade and I got an A in the coursework overall. Will the 20% be much help in pushing my grade up. Realistically In the exams I tend to get High B or Low As If I get a high B or mid B would that 20% push me into an A
It will help a little to the extent you exceeded an A grade in the coursework, but only by .25% for every 1% over.
jacob1371
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ilovefood7172)
hi yes it should do, i got an A aswell i think (hopefully), can i ask what mark you got? also can you tell me how you structure your essays please i struggle on that and was just wondering because you get Bs/As in class and thats really impressive , a reply would be really appreciated thankyou!!
Kimrun G
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How do you plan the coursework essay???, I’m struggling with my plan at the moment.
QueenOfFabulous
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is from ages ago but I have this to say: my teachers told me that the coursework wouldn’t affect my grade since it’s only 20%. Wrong. It was the difference between a grade for me. I did pretty bad on my coursework and way better in the exams but my coursework pushed me down. Work hard on your coursework guys (whilst also getting sleep).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads