How lenient is Cardiff with conditional grades?

Watch this thread
flowjon
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Snufkin
Badges: 21
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by flowjon)
Just wondering how lenient Cardiff University is with conditional grades?! I already have a C - and they have asked for AA from my upcoming A levels..but this doesn't seem realistic for me - any idea how easy they can be on results day?!
I don't know, but my guess is they won't be very accommodating. It all depends on how oversubscribed the course is, and the mood of the admissions tutor on results day. If you miss your grades then you could phone Cardiff and ask them to take you anyway, but there's no way to know if they would or not.
Ali_Babba_14
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I specifically emailed Cardiff asking about their flexibility. I told them I had an offer of AAB and they said if a student who has made Cardiff their firm choice drops by one grade in total i.e gets ABB, they'd still be guaranteed a place. Hope that helps
flowjon
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Ali_Babba_14)
I specifically emailed Cardiff asking about their flexibility. I told them I had an offer of AAB and they said if a student who has made Cardiff their firm choice drops by one grade in total i.e gets ABB, they'd still be guaranteed a place. Hope that helps
Thank you very much for your reply! This has restored a little bit of faith in me for results day!
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ali_Babba_14)
(Original post by flowjon)
Thank you very much for your reply! This has restored a little bit of faith in me for results day!
Do not take the above post too seriously. If you miss your offer conditions (even by just one grade) then you are not guaranteed a place. The admission tutors may decide to take you anyway, but I say again, they don't have to.
bigfailure
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I applied for law and got an offer of ABB if I put them first which I did. My actual grades in results day were ABC and they still took me anyway.
frogplant
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bigfailure)
I applied for law and got an offer of ABB if I put them first which I did. My actual grades in results day were ABC and they still took me anyway.
hi! can I ask if you got let in through clearing or they just accepted you through Ucas straight away on results day?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.15%
As I expected (64)
32.82%
Harder (72)
36.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.1%

Watched Threads