Aqa a 2017 gcse physical geography Watch

lilyjones101
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Did anyone else find that exam absolutely ridiculous? Let's create an unofficial mark scheme. PLEASE HELP, rant below
livvj
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lilyjones101)
Did anyone else find that exam absolutely ridiculous? Let's create an unofficial mark scheme. PLEASE HELP, rant below
Was thieves he igcse with the Nepal one?
livvj
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by livvj)
*this
Haseeb1011
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The only casestudy was for 3 marks we got **** on my aqa wtf
Haseeb1011
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lilyjones101)
All the knowledge for the 8 marker case study's down the drain
Atizz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm sorry but WTF was the 8 marker in the water on land topic
livvj
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by livvj)
*this
humayun.h
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Easily the hardest geog exam they have done and the grade boundaries have been 60% for an a* before so it should be low this year too. IMO test was kind of easy but im pissed that i wasted time learning case studies .-.
humayun.h
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by livvj)
*this
Dont think so it was GCSE pretty sure
gcsegirl2017
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i cant believe i leant all those case studies and dates for nothing!!! it made me really uneasy about the answers i did writen down now because i couldnt pre-pepare them for the 8 marker water on the land about how rivers are managed i talked about the cons for building reserviors and transporting water from areas of surplus to deficet and i must have had the wrong idea (((((
Mattypod1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gcsegirl2017)
i cant believe i leant all those case studies and dates for nothing!!! it made me really uneasy about the answers i did writen down now because i couldnt pre-pepare them for the 8 marker water on the land about how rivers are managed i talked about the cons for building reserviors and transporting water from areas of surplus to deficet and i must have had the wrong idea (((((
I'm not 100% sure but even though the 8 mark questions don't directly ask to write about case studies I think they still want you to talk about the case studies. Luckily my teacher told me to include case studies in these questions before the exam, otherwise I wouldn't of have included them. For the 8 mark question on water on the land I used kielder water case study and talked about the disadvantages of reservoirs and talked about water surplus and water deficit.
livvj
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by humayun.h)
Dont think so it was GCSE pretty sure
Thank you I'll try and find a igcse thread!
gcsegirl2017
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mattypod1)
I'm not 100% sure but even though the 8 mark questions don't directly ask to write about case studies I think they still want you to talk about the case studies. Luckily my teacher told me to include case studies in these questions before the exam, otherwise I wouldn't of have included them. For the 8 mark question on water on the land I used kielder water case study and talked about the disadvantages of reservoirs and talked about water surplus and water deficit.
thats gievn me a bit more confience, i think they must have worded it difficultly to trick people..instead of saying 'impacts of reservoirs' they asked how rivers can be manages and the issues...talking about revervoirs habitiats loss, flooding, etc should get some marksright?
Caliope aurora
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wrote about the sand dams in kenya for that water on the land one but since it didnt specify the case study will i still get some marks??!
fenisawsome
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yep! that was messed up paper. I have no idea the mark i got!
phil_robinson
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Personally I did the three gorges dam for the water on the land 8 marker as there are lots of advantages and disadvantages and it asked us to show both sides to the strategy. Most of my friends also did the three gorges dam but I believe that you could do Kielder if you wanted to. However the 4 marker on the map and the 4 marker on hanging valleys were difficult, aswell as the 6 marker on noticing eruptions early in the restless earth. Other than that I think that the paper was OK but I expect the grade boundaries to be similar to last year, if not a bit lower. With 49/75 for the A*
bexwray
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I only talked about the impacts of reservoirs ???
Westsidegirl
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i do restless earth, rocks and water on land. i found the restless earth 8 marker really hard
elliebrown1203
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bexwray)
I only talked about the impacts of reservoirs ???
For the water on the land 8 mark question, I wrote about Rutland Water as an example or a reservoir, but only wrote about negatives because it just said problems- were we meant to write about positives of it too?!!
phil_robinson
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes the question said to discuss the use of a managing strategy. So you were meant to do both advantages and disadvantages. However you will probably only lose 2-3 marks if you did just advantages as long as you talked about either a reservoir or the three gorges dam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (155)
18.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (82)
9.84%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (141)
16.93%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (119)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.48%
How can I be the best version of myself? (257)
30.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed