The Student Room Group

AQA geography paper 1

Thoughts on today's geography paper?
I did restlessly earth, living world and ice on land an it was shambles.
Absolute shambles.
What do you think grade boundaries will be?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Elisha19
Thoughts on today's geography paper?
I did restlessly earth, living world and ice on land an it was shambles.
Absolute shambles.
What do you think grade boundaries will be?

they better be as low as my self esteem is right now
I did restless earth, water on the land and ice on the land. Don't worry about it - the grade boundaries are actually surprisingly low for an A*. Last year's physical paper grade boundary for an A* was 45/75 which is only 60%!
I thought that went well?? Restless Earth was a godsend and i also do Coasts and Ice on the land which were both okay. The only thing i found weird was the annotated sketch map on ice on the land... oh and the 8 markers were worded weirdly- where were the case studies :smile: What did you guys find difficult xx
I did restless earth, living world and water on the land and I found them so difficult! I revised like twelve case studies and only ended up needing two so its quite demoralising lol...fingers crossed and here's hoping for low grade boundaries
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Urban and tourism

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Queenie123
I thought that went well?? Restless Earth was a godsend and i also do Coasts and Ice on the land which were both okay. The only thing i found weird was the annotated sketch map on ice on the land... oh and the 8 markers were worded weirdly- where were the case studies :smile: What did you guys find difficult xx

I did restless earth and ice on land too !! (And living world) and I absolutely hated the 8 mark questions especially the one with figure 2a and 2b and the car ?? Also I hated the drawing question and the one about Chamonix' tourism impact
Reply 7
Original post by GreyAngus
I did restless earth, living world and water on the land and I found them so difficult! I revised like twelve case studies and only ended up needing two so its quite demoralising lol...fingers crossed and here's hoping for low grade boundaries

Literally !! I learned soooo many case studies with so many specific details and all I got was that stupid 3 mark question on using a case study for the tsunami
What
Why are you asking me
For a case study
For a 3
Mark question
Ughhhhh
Reply 8
Original post by Lmaoihategcses
I did restless earth, water on the land and ice on the land. Don't worry about it - the grade boundaries are actually surprisingly low for an A*. Last year's physical paper grade boundary for an A* was 45/75 which is only 60%!

do u have any idea what the answer was for the 8 marker on water on land?
I did restless earth and ice on land too !! (And living world) and I absolutely hated the 8 mark questions especially the one with figure 2a and 2b and the car ?? Also I hated the drawing question and the one about Chamonix' tourism impact

the volcano eruption one i found easy? wasn't it just effects of a volcano, linking to like cats and buildings destroyed?
yeah, the drawing was crap 😅 and the one about glacial retreat? :redface: but other than that it wasn't too bad x
I thought it was really easy. I did Restless Earth, Water on the Land, and the Coastal Zone.

The question I got confused on was the 3 mark one about mass movement in the Coastal Zone - the one where you have to give 'evidence' in Figure 20 or whatever it was.
Reply 11
i did restless earth, ice on the land & coastal zone and oh boyyy the questions all felt like they were worded really weirdly?? also like half of coastal zone was about spits, and i felt like i only used one case study in the whole paper? not too happy w this one eugh
I did
Restless Earth,
The Coastal Zone,
and Water on the Land,

And not even one case study question came up so all that time was wasted!
I found restless earth pretty easy but water on the land was okay and I found coasts okay except for labelling the spit's features.
Original post by Binuri

I used a reservoir case study for that to support my answer and included social, economic and environmental effects of its construction. Not sure if that was the right thing to do though :/
Literally !! I learned soooo many case studies with so many specific details and all I got was that stupid 3 mark question on using a case study for the tsunami
What
Why are you asking me
For a case study
For a 3
Mark question
Ughhhhh

Yesssss preach it! ahaha three whole marks for all that work is sooo annoying
Original post by Binuri
That was a horrible question
@Prosenior What did you put? I had no idea!
Original post by that_guy874
@Prosenior What did you put? I had no idea!
Well it said river management, so i talked about river management strategies, and linked it to sustainability and water supply... Probably wrong like
Original post by Binuri

Case study of a scheme which manages water. My case study is Kielder Reservoir. It was a 'discuss' question so both positives and negatives had to be discussed.
On the living world, I screwed it up by doing adaptions of temperate deciduous rainforests. I put leaves dropping in autumn make sure soil fertile lol I'm a failure. But I did write 12 pages for English lit

Quick Reply