Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How did you find geography?

I found it alright if a little weird...

ReputationRep:
    so hard...

ReputationRep:
    There were no case studies except for a 2 marker in the sections I did arggghhhh lmao

ReputationRep:
    It was a very odd paper. I did questions 1, 3 and 7 and it really was strange. First of all, where were all the case studies? That needs to be answered. Anyway, the paper was definitely different to past papers but it was doable and I think I've done okay.

ReputationRep:
    i was annoyed no case studies came up

ReputationRep:
    Did 1, 5 and 7. Quite a strange paper - very few case studies. Luckily a lot of the exam was to my strengths (monitoring volcanoes, 3 and 4 marker on hydrographs). Let's hope for low boundaries!

ReputationRep:
    I did questions 1, 4 and 5. Same for me, there were practically no case studies, apart from a 3 marker "tsunami" question.

ReputationRep:
    Spent ages memorising case studies, used 1 of them on a 3 mark answer. wtf aqa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evab12345)
    How did you find geography?

I found it alright if a little weird...
    I found it pretty weird, i did water on the land, what do you guys put for the 8 marker on sustainable water usage, I put about deficit and surplus but most people in my school talked about Three Gorges Dam? Not really sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _b_e_n_)
    Spent ages memorising case studies, used 1 of them on a 3 mark answer. wtf aqa
    ikr what 3 questions did u do

ReputationRep:
    Ok can someone go through the 8 markers for the test for Restless Earth, Ice and Water On Land? I failed them completely and feel like THE SKETCH MAP FOR THE ICE GLACIER WAS HORRENDOUS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dcencima)
    irk what 3 questions did u do
    I think he's referring to Q1 where they asked about how a tsunami is formed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMindGarage)
    I think he's referring to Q1 where they asked about how a tsunami is formed.
    yeh ik that i just meant in general what questions he did 1 5 and 6 wbu

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was much easier than anything I have done before. There were no case studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxxVxxX)
    Ok can someone go through the 8 markers for the test for Restless Earth, Ice and Water On Land? I failed them completely and feel like THE SKETCH MAP FOR THE ICE GLACIER WAS HORRENDOUS
    isnt that just showing how it retreated and then about the settlement not being there anymore dont think i did that one right anyway

ReputationRep:
    yeh ik that i just meant in general what questions he did 1 5 and 6 wbu
    I did 1, 5 and 7. 5 was definitely the worst of the three for me.

ReputationRep:
    ikr what 3 questions did u do
    1, 4, 7 (restless earth, living world, coast)

ReputationRep:
    Pretty easy tbh. I did restless earth, ice on land and coastal erosion. Most of the case studies came up so it was good. Restless earth is the easiest imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMindGarage)
    I did 1, 5 and 7. 5 was definitely the worst of the three for me.
    for me it was a tie for 5 and 6 in difficulty they both had hard and easy questions but i didnt really know much about hanging valley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackoWacko)
    I found it pretty weird, i did water on the land, what do you guys put for the 8 marker on sustainable water usage, I put about deficit and surplus but most people in my school talked about Three Gorges Dam? Not really sure.
    In the question it said river management though??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 26, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.