The Student Room Group

How did you find Aqa gcse geography 2017?

How did you find geography?

I found it alright if a little weird...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
so hard...
There were no case studies except for a 2 marker in the sections I did arggghhhh lmao
It was a very odd paper. I did questions 1, 3 and 7 and it really was strange. First of all, where were all the case studies? That needs to be answered. Anyway, the paper was definitely different to past papers but it was doable and I think I've done okay.
Reply 4
i was annoyed no case studies came up
Did 1, 5 and 7. Quite a strange paper - very few case studies. Luckily a lot of the exam was to my strengths (monitoring volcanoes, 3 and 4 marker on hydrographs). Let's hope for low boundaries!
I did questions 1, 4 and 5. Same for me, there were practically no case studies, apart from a 3 marker "tsunami" question.
Spent ages memorising case studies, used 1 of them on a 3 mark answer. wtf aqa
Original post by evab12345
How did you find geography?

I found it alright if a little weird...

I found it pretty weird, i did water on the land, what do you guys put for the 8 marker on sustainable water usage, I put about deficit and surplus but most people in my school talked about Three Gorges Dam? Not really sure.
Original post by _b_e_n_
Spent ages memorising case studies, used 1 of them on a 3 mark answer. wtf aqa

ikr what 3 questions did u do
(edited 6 years ago)
Ok can someone go through the 8 markers for the test for Restless Earth, Ice and Water On Land? I failed them completely and feel like THE SKETCH MAP FOR THE ICE GLACIER WAS HORRENDOUS
Original post by dcencima
irk what 3 questions did u do

I think he's referring to Q1 where they asked about how a tsunami is formed.
Original post by TheMindGarage
I think he's referring to Q1 where they asked about how a tsunami is formed.

yeh ik that i just meant in general what questions he did 1 5 and 6 wbu
I thought it was much easier than anything I have done before. There were no case studies :smile:
Original post by XxxVxxX
Ok can someone go through the 8 markers for the test for Restless Earth, Ice and Water On Land? I failed them completely and feel like THE SKETCH MAP FOR THE ICE GLACIER WAS HORRENDOUS

isnt that just showing how it retreated and then about the settlement not being there anymore dont think i did that one right anyway
yeh ik that i just meant in general what questions he did 1 5 and 6 wbu

I did 1, 5 and 7. 5 was definitely the worst of the three for me.
ikr what 3 questions did u do

1, 4, 7 (restless earth, living world, coast)
Pretty easy tbh. I did restless earth, ice on land and coastal erosion. Most of the case studies came up so it was good. Restless earth is the easiest imo.
Original post by TheMindGarage
I did 1, 5 and 7. 5 was definitely the worst of the three for me.

for me it was a tie for 5 and 6 in difficulty they both had hard and easy questions but i didnt really know much about hanging valley
Original post by JackoWacko
I found it pretty weird, i did water on the land, what do you guys put for the 8 marker on sustainable water usage, I put about deficit and surplus but most people in my school talked about Three Gorges Dam? Not really sure.
In the question it said river management though??

Quick Reply