The Student Room Group

AQA AS Food Technology

I feel like I am one of a few students in the country who did this exam.
Any thoughts from anyone as to how it went?
Original post by otait
I feel like I am one of a few students in the country who did this exam.
Any thoughts from anyone as to how it went?

I really didn't like the design question! How are you meant to include calcium and reduce saturated fat and stuff whilst making it vegan?!?!
There was only 6 of us today. And yeah I felt like it was okay? But there were a few unexpected questions such as carotene, and calcium combined with veganism. But overall a decent paper.
I also found the last question a bit tricky
Yeah there were only 4 of us at my school. Design question was hard. Will I get marks for a sausage roll? What did people put for the allergens question if you did it?
Original post by Cophel is
Yeah there were only 4 of us at my school. Design question was hard. Will I get marks for a sausage roll? What did people put for the allergens question if you did it?

I did a sausage roll!!
For the allergens question I wrote about how they've got to be highlighted in bold and then went into detail on gluten, milk and nuts and how they're in the free from range in supermarkets and stuff
Original post by Rachel000222
I did a sausage roll!!
For the allergens question I wrote about how they've got to be highlighted in bold and then went into detail on gluten, milk and nuts and how they're in the free from range in supermarkets and stuff

Oh thank goodness haha! I also did a pasty, pie and samosa, hopefully I'll pick up marks somewhere! Yeah I wrote something like that, found the question hard to understand. What about the last question about risk assessment? And what about the four most at risk groups?
Oh thank goodness haha! I also did a pasty, pie and samosa, hopefully I'll pick up marks somewhere! Yeah I wrote something like that, found the question hard to understand. What about the last question about risk assessment? And what about the four most at risk groups?

I think I just invented new food products for that design question 😂 The last question I found really difficult-I think I talked about HACCP but ran out of time to finish properly (hopefully picked up one or two marks)! The four food groups most at risk I think I put the elderly, pregnant women, school children and toddlers. How about you?
I think I just invented new food products for that design question 😂 The last question I found really difficult-I think I talked about HACCP but ran out of time to finish properly (hopefully picked up one or two marks)! The four food groups most at risk I think I put the elderly, pregnant women, school children and toddlers. How about you?

Same ahah 😂 Yeah I just made up stuff for that as well haha! I put all the same as those but people with weakened immune systems rather than school children - don't think I really explained enough though.. I guess we'll find out on results day haha!
Reply 9
I really didn't like the design question! How are you meant to include calcium and reduce saturated fat and stuff whilst making it vegan?!?!

For the 11a) are you supposed to make it all be one product? i think it said one or more, so i just developed separate products for vegan diet
Same ahah 😂 Yeah I just made up stuff for that as well haha! I put all the same as those but people with weakened immune systems rather than school children - don't think I really explained enough though.. I guess we'll find out on results day haha!

I think you're right tbh. I typed it up afterwards but oh well
Original post by otait
For the 11a) are you supposed to make it all be one product? i think it said one or more, so i just developed separate products for vegan diet

I think you're meant to do more than one so yeah you're right! I did 5 different products I think
I know i am really late but is anyone retaking this exam next year? I got a C in the exam and an A in coursework and i am gutted about it... also what are you all doing for the coursework? I am the only one left in my class...

Quick Reply

Latest