Gcse geography OCR 2017 SDME Watch

Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What did you guys get for the numbers for the first two questions?im rlly worried I read the graph wrong?
DeepInTheMeadow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Something like 1.2% and 4.2 billion?
bvellender
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DeepInTheMeadow)
Something like 1.2% and 4.2 billion?
I got 1.2% and 4 billion
DeepInTheMeadow
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bvellender)
I got 1.2% and 4 billion
Sounds similar, I think the population one was 6.7-2.5=4.2 billion or something along those lines, but I'm pretty sure they'll allow some leeway
Nadsss88
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got 1.2% and 2 billion oops?
Anonimy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Boys and Girls

i got 1.2% and 4 billion

i also picked option 3
AlenMill
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Basically, I know I wrote 1.something but can't remember exactly what, can someone tell me how they got 1.2, it'll prob trigger something in my head
Taran001
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got 1.5% and 4 billion
Crap reckon it's close enough
Rep:
?
Also did u guys get 22% for the other question about Africa I think?
apriilironside
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 123123123123123)
Also did u guys get 22% for the other question about Africa I think?
Yes I did
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonimy)
Boys and Girls

i got 1.2% and 4 billion

i also picked option 3

What did you say some of the advantages were?
randomaccountt
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For the advantages, I put that
- it was socially sustainable - self-help scheme meaning that people want to make life better for themselves + would take care of the buildings bc they built and funded for them
- Economically sustainable - cheaper for the gov bc they didn't have to take money from their own economy to build the homes, the money was raised and only that money was used. Bc no money being taken but life's getting better; better education - better jobs - more disposable income - more tax - better infrastructure etc....
- Environmentally Sustainable - bc the land isn't having to be cleared, there is no deforestation - no loss of habitats - not reducing biodiversity etc...
DeepInTheMeadow
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I picked option 3 as well guys I went for socially sustainable- quality of life, economically- can pay taxs, disposable income, multiplier effect, and environmental b/c it's a brownfield site and on marginal land
Rep:
?
(Original post by randomaccountt)
For the advantages, I put that
- it was socially sustainable - self-help scheme meaning that people want to make life better for themselves + would take care of the buildings bc they built and funded for them
- Economically sustainable - cheaper for the gov bc they didn't have to take money from their own economy to build the homes, the money was raised and only that money was used. Bc no money being taken but life's getting better; better education - better jobs - more disposable income - more tax - better infrastructure etc....
- Environmentally Sustainable - bc the land isn't having to be cleared, there is no deforestation - no loss of habitats - not reducing biodiversity etc...
Oh okay I got like similar, and what did u put for disadvantages and additional features?
Rep:
?
(Original post by DeepInTheMeadow)
I picked option 3 as well guys I went for socially sustainable- quality of life, economically- can pay taxs, disposable income, multiplier effect, and environmental b/c it's a brownfield site and on marginal land
Oh okay I got like similar, and what did u put for disadvantages and additional features?
DeepInTheMeadow
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 123123123123123)
Disadvantages were tricky, I think I said the project would take a long time, and the money would run out, but it wasn't a very convincing answer, I know. Additional, I said a better education system and waste disposal system.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (53)
9.28%
I used to but I don't now (15)
2.63%
No, but I want to start (205)
35.9%
No, I am unable to (132)
23.12%
No, I chose not to (166)
29.07%