The Student Room Group

My GCSE English Lit exam AQA Jekyll&Hyde, Macbeth. Does it matter if .....

Does it matter that i didnt write an introduction or conclusion for both my 30 markers (Jekyll & Hyde, Macbeth)*???
Does it matter that i only wrote 2 paragraphs (over the course of 2 A4 pages) for Jekyll and Hyde - 1 quote from the extract and one from my own knowledge...???
Also does anyone have any idea what the grade boundries will be like ???
Original post by anonomon
Does it matter that i didnt write an introduction or conclusion for both my 30 markers (Jekyll & Hyde, Macbeth)*???
Does it matter that i only wrote 2 paragraphs (over the course of 2 A4 pages) for Jekyll and Hyde - 1 quote from the extract and one from my own knowledge...???
Also does anyone have any idea what the grade boundries will be like ???

If you only wrote 2 paragraphs for a 30 mark question then I guess you have failed..? Unless you unravelled the history of how the universe came to be in the paragraphs ???
Reply 2
Original post by Bthrel12
If you only wrote 2 paragraphs for a 30 mark question then I guess you have failed..? Unless you unravelled the history of how the universe came to be in the paragraphs ???

...They were quite detailed... like it was over two pages...
...They were quite detailed... like it was over two pages...

Oh ok, when you say two paragraphs it does give the impression that you have done in total about 8-9 lines. If it's over two pages then you should be fine
It was a 16 page booklet so ideally you should be aiming for at least 3-4 pages minimum on each piece of literature so you can get lots of points in to answer the question.
You might pass it if you didn't ramble on and repeat the same points, included concise quotes, analysed language and context and the writer's intentions :/
Good luck :P
Reply 5
Original post by Bthrel12
Oh ok, when you say two paragraphs it does give the impression that you have done in total about 8-9 lines. If it's over two pages then you should be fine

Ok but i only used one quote from the extract ( I fully analysed it) and one quote from my own knowlege which i didnt finish analysing...
What sort of mark do you think i could possibly get out of 30 ???
Reply 6
Original post by that_guy874
It was a 16 page booklet so ideally you should be aiming for at least 3-4 pages minimum on each piece of literature so you can get lots of points in to answer the question.
You might pass it if you didn't ramble on and repeat the same points, included concise quotes, analysed language and context and the writer's intentions :/
Good luck :P

Ok i only used one quote from the extract ( I fully analysed it) and one quote from my own knowlege which i didnt finish analysing...
Does anyone remember what the Macbeth question was?
If you included:
Context
Intentions
Language
Audience/Reader reaction

You've hit about 3 of 4 bullet points on the spec but if you haven't done a wide range of quotes analysed and only half analysed one, I can't see you getting higher than 15/30 maybe
(edited 6 years ago)
Ok but i only used one quote from the extract ( I fully analysed it) and one quote from my own knowlege which i didnt finish analysing...

Probably about 8/30 depending on how well you deceloped it
Original post by that_guy874
If you included:
Context
Intentions
Language
Audience/Reader reaction

You've hit about 3 of 4 bullet points on the spec but if you haven't done a wide range of quotes analysed and only half analysed one, I can't see you getting higher than 20/30 maybe

I don't know what you're smoking mate but usingnone quote from the extract on a 30 mark question will get you way less than 20 marks I'm sorry...
I did 3 paragraphs on the extract and 3 from the rest of the play each with a quote for each question. Is that about right?
Reply 12
Original post by itzconnorx
Does anyone remember what the Macbeth question was?

Starting with the extract, how does Shakespeare present ambition in the play?

I personally wasn't a fan but it's done now...
I did 3 paragraphs on extract from Romeo and Juliet and 3 from the rest of the play, all including context, language, audience and intentions
but
I did 3 paragraphs on extract from Frankenstein and 3 from the rest of the novella, all including language, audience and intentions but only 1 paragraph including context, context completely left my head.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 14
Can someone please forward their Macbeth and Inspector Call notes please x

Quick Reply

Latest