How was it?

omg I did not expect Portia to come up
Reply 2
Original post by yungest1234
omg I did not expect Portia to come up

What did you write about her?
Original post by dx31
What did you write about her?

wrote that Portia presents power as in the 16th century women were treated unequally compared to men
what did u write
Reply 5
wrote that Portia presents power as in the 16th century women were treated unequally compared to men

Same, but like what points did you make from the extract? I also talked about her independence of character and like quick wit etc
Original post by dx31
Same, but like what points did you make from the extract? I also talked about her independence of character and like quick wit etc

i talked about the quote "bragging jacks" and how that shows how men use to act proud and think less of women and men were showed as superior than women
Reply 7
i talked about the quote "bragging jacks" and how that shows how men use to act proud and think less of women and men were showed as superior than women

TBh it was a hard extract :frown:
Original post by dx31
TBh it was a hard extract :frown:

hopefully we all did well GOOD LUCK........
and yeah it was hard i am not gonna lie.
Original post by dx31

I talked about the brave grace bit and suggested that the use of an oxymoron and how she occupies both female and male characteristics and also talked about the quotation that had something to do with tricks which conveyed how she is a strong female character whom is able to manipulate the law to her advantage but I also then said that tricks is often associated with a circus based environment and due to her disguise as a male my insinuate her as a weak and a joke of a charter to a ellizabeathan audience during that time period
hopefully we all did well GOOD LUCK........
and yeah it was hard i am not gonna lie.

I swear I couldn't make out what she was saying for most of the extract
Original post by lmaooome
I swear I couldn't make out what she was saying for most of the extract

lol who me
(edited 6 years ago)
in the extract I wrote about how she regards highly of herself and generally i spoke about her intelligence and the power of the ring, and how she advocates mercy in the courtroom
Good luck everyone :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending