livvj
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What did everyone think of the paper, I found it really difficult! Any thoughts?
StupidIdiot21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by livvj)
What did everyone think of the paper, I found it really difficult! Any thoughts?
I found it quite difficult too! Which sections did you? I did Coasts and Plate tectonics. I found the case study questions ok(ish) but I felt like they were trying to throw me off and catch me out on all the other questions. Definitely harder than usual. I reckon the A* grade boundary will be 38/39.
kursk1896
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WillR123)
I found it quite difficult too! Which sections did you? I did Coasts and Plate tectonics. I found the case study questions ok(ish) but I felt like they were trying to throw me off and catch me out on all the other questions. Definitely harder than usual. I reckon the A* grade boundary will be 38/39.
38/39 out of 75??
MIKESPIKE10
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Out of 50

Posted from TSR Mobile
StupidIdiot21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jogman5364)
38/39 out of 75??
No, paper 1 and 2 are both out of 50, not 75. So 38/50 for that paper. I don't know what the overall grade boundary will be though as we haven't even done paper 2 or 3.
livvj
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by WillR123)
No, paper 1 and 2 are both out of 50, not 75. So 38/50 for that paper. I don't know what the overall grade boundary will be though as we haven't even done paper 2 or 3.
i did ecosystems and restless earth, which was so annoying with the case studies because i ran out of time for the 8 marker on deserts. I feel like the grade boundaries will be around 35/36 mainly judging from what everyone has said now and also looking back at past papers as it was a lot more challenging than last years?
Didierdrogba23
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How's it out of 50 I'm so confused I did three sections worth 25 each 🤔
Rosco270
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did coasts and rivers and found that the 4 marker on salt marshes hard, any thoughts?
Sir_Muktadir
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Didierdrogba23)
How's it out of 50 I'm so confused I did three sections worth 25 each 🤔
You realise that your only suppose to do 2 sections!

How did you even complete 75 worth of marks in 60 minutes
Sir_Muktadir
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rosco270)
I did coasts and rivers and found that the 4 marker on salt marshes hard, any thoughts?
What did you get on that as I too found it quite dificult
Rosco270
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sir_Muktadir)
What did you get on that as I too found it quite dificult
I used Keyhaven salt marshes but didn't really know how it's been developed so just listed some vegetation and wildlife that's there haha
Didierdrogba23
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sir_Muktadir)
You realise that your only suppose to do 2 sections!

How did you even complete 75 worth of marks in 60 minutes
Soz I realised I did gcse not igcse 😂
smr69
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
oh i did sand dunes and i talked about vegetation successions, types of dunes and how the fertility of the sand/soil changes going further inland etc but omg i forgot to name a case study for the 8 marker XD how many marks max can i still get :3
smr69
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
for anyone who did rivers what were the two points for how the river's load changes during times of high rainfall??
Rosco270
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by smr69)
for anyone who did rivers what were the two points for how the river's load changes during times of high rainfall??
Wasn't sure I put more large rocks and more tiny rocks as they collide more during a storm
Rosco270
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by smr69)
oh i did sand dunes and i talked about vegetation successions, types of dunes and how the fertility of the sand/soil changes going further inland etc but omg i forgot to name a case study for the 8 marker XD how many marks max can i still get :3
Was that the 8 marker on the effects of coastal erosion? I used holderness coast in Yorkshire but was quite close for time so didn't check any of the questions
smr69
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
ye it was the holderness coast but i didn't read the part where it said to also use a case study
Was that the 8 marker on the effects of coastal erosion? I used holderness coast in Yorkshire but was quite close for time so didn't check any of the questions
Sir_Muktadir
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

I used Holbeck Hall but my friends are saying that they used Holderness so I'm a bit anxious
monty_jw
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by smr69)
I did the total amount of load gets bigger and the size of that load gets bigger too
Tommypolz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Predictions for paper 2??? For Population i am predicting the 8 marker on transmigration or migration, and for urbanisation i am predicting something on sustainable cities.. Let me know what u guys thing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (50)
37.31%
No (70)
52.24%
I don't know (14)
10.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise