Hanmit
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi
I have received a letter regarding the amount I will receive as part of of the maintenance loan for the Adult Nursing course I will be studying at the University of Huddersfield in September. My question is, how many weeks has the maintenance loan been based on? I understand from the university that it is a 44 or 45 week course, made up of 50% time at university and on placements, but then holidays are added on to it. Current students will still be completing placements well into August. My accommodation options are, that I book either book 44 or 51 weeks. The later being quite a bit more expensive. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hanmit)
Hi
I have received a letter regarding the amount I will receive as part of of the maintenance loan for the Adult Nursing course I will be studying at the University of Huddersfield in September. My question is, how many weeks has the maintenance loan been based on? I understand from the university that it is a 44 or 45 week course, made up of 50% time at university and on placements, but then holidays are added on to it. Current students will still be completing placements well into August. My accommodation options are, that I book either book 44 or 51 weeks. The later being quite a bit more expensive. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
Hi Hanmit

We can see you're looking for a reply from Student Finance England about this, but if there's anything we can do to help, or any questions we can answer just let us know. We have some information on our website which may help if you take a look at it alongside the letter you have received: https://www.hud.ac.uk/undergraduate/...ntenance-loan/

We hope this helps
Sarah - UoH
Kruti Popat
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Hanmit,

Thank you for your question.

In this situation, as your query is mainly about accommodation and how long you will need it for, I would certainly advise you to check with your university your term dates/till when you will need to be at university.

The maintenance loan will be based on the number of weeks your course is for. If you want to ensure we have your correct term dates, you can check this online by logging on to your student finance online account on https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login or call us on 03001000607.

Thank you.
Kruti
Hanmit
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Huddersfield)
Hi Hanmit

We can see you're looking for a reply from Student Finance England about this, but if there's anything we can do to help, or any questions we can answer just let us know. We have some information on our website which may help if you take a look at it alongside the letter you have received: https://www.hud.ac.uk/undergraduate/...ntenance-loan/

We hope this helps
Sarah - UoH
Hi
Many thanks for your response re Adult Nursing course starting in September with University of Huddersfield. Please could you advise me of my course dates and when my placements will finish in order that I may book the appropriate weeks for my accommodation as per the response from student finance (shown below). Thanking you in advance.
Hanmit
Rep:
?
Hi
Many thanks for your response re Adult Nursing course starting in September with University of Huddersfield. Please could you advise me of my course dates and when my placements will finish in order that I may book the appropriate weeks for my accommodation as per the response from student finance (shown below). Thanking you in advance.
Hi Hanmit, Thank you for your question. In this situation, as your query is mainly about accommodation and how long you will need it for, I would certainly advise you to check with your university your term dates/till when you will need to be at university. The maintenance loan will be based on the number of weeks your course is for. If you want to ensure we have your correct term dates, you can check this online by logging on to your student finance online account on https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login or call us on 03001000607. Thank you. Kruti
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi
Hi Hanmit

You can check your term dates directly with the admissions team for your course (Adult Nursing), their contact details are: Tel. 01484 472699 Email [email protected].

We hope this helps!
Sarah - UoH
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
30.3%
No - I have already returned home (22)
13.33%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (37)
22.42%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (15)
9.09%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
24.85%

Watched Threads