The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Paper 2 Official Thread

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

tbh i don't even know
Reply 2
Original post by elliebrown1203
Hey guys👋 So with paper 1 out the way, we should probably start thinking about paper 2! I'm doing Lord of the Flies and the power and conflict poetry- any predictions? I think one of the easier war poems will come up (not poppies, war photographer or kamikaze) and lord of the flies will hopefully be a key character (jack, Ralph or piggy) or a key symbol (conch, fire, beast) or savagery. What do you guys think? Xxx

I'm doing An Inspector Calls and the War and Conflict poetry, personally hope that London will be our poem, but after paper 1, I believe AQA just hate us all, so they will probably give us a poem like the prelude or my last dutchess. :/
Reply 3
Original post by Soci0
I'm doing An Inspector Calls and the War and Conflict poetry, personally hope that London will be our poem, but after paper 1, I believe AQA just hate us all, so they will probably give us a poem like the prelude or my last dutchess. :/

Yeah same, apparently its not going to be ozymandias or storm on the island. It will be unlikely it will be the Prelude because that was last years (hahahahahahah) but what do you think the predictions will be for AIC??
Reply 4
Original post by Amusica
Yeah same, apparently its not going to be ozymandias or storm on the island. It will be unlikely it will be the Prelude because that was last years (hahahahahahah) but what do you think the predictions will be for AIC??

Well, I think they won't pick an obvious themes or characters, since there is a startling difference between the type of questions from the specimen papers and what the ***k they print on our papers.
I won't be surprised if they choose something on how women are presented in An Inspector Calls and about the character of Mrs Birling - just so they can be awkward.

Since obviously they won't be nice to us and give us a theme on social responsibility - that would be too generous. ;/
Reply 5
Original post by Soci0
Well, I think they won't pick an obvious themes or characters, since there is a startling difference between the type of questions from the specimen papers and what the ***k they print on our papers.
I won't be surprised if they choose something on how women are presented in An Inspector Calls and about the character of Mrs Birling - just so they can be awkward.

Since obviously they won't be nice to us and give us a theme on social responsibility - that would be too generous. ;/

ahahhahah literally, i genuinely think the exam boards are just ripping the new system to shreads, i genuinely feel like they're trolling us. Like if you did Edexcel Biology, trees and Lungs??? wooden benches?? I just cant.

How generous of the exam board :/
Original post by Soci0

Very unlikely to be the prelude because the specimen papers provided an example essay comparing ozymandias (the written poem) to the prelude so they'd worry than everyone would just copy that and compare it to ozymandias!! My last duchess would be HORRIBLE, I'm praying for bayonet charge or exposure🙌 London isn't one of my favourites, but lots of people seem to like it!
Reply 7
Original post by Amusica
ahahhahah literally, i genuinely think the exam boards are just ripping the new system to shreads, i genuinely feel like they're trolling us. Like if you did Edexcel Biology, trees and Lungs??? wooden benches?? I just cant.

How generous of the exam board :/

I did AQA Biology ... so far for B1, there was nothing to do with cholesterol or drugs, literally it was only on: plant hormones, animal adaptations, Darwin and a question on adult cloning which had a diagram. So I thought they were being really generous with the science papers xD
Reply 8
Very unlikely to be the prelude because the specimen papers provided an example essay comparing ozymandias (the written poem) to the prelude so they'd worry than everyone would just copy that and compare it to ozymandias!! My last duchess would be HORRIBLE, I'm praying for bayonet charge or exposure🙌 London isn't one of my favourites, but lots of people seem to like it!

I think people probably like London because it's not metaphorical in any way, unlike the other poems, and the context is similar to what we have already learned with the other texts we've had for English literature. I did my mock papers by comparing London with Ozymandias, so I'm kind of hoping we get London so I can subvert my essay and recycle everything from the mock xD .... Probably won't happen though.
Did anyone do Romeo and Juliet or great expectations for the paper 1 today?? If so... what the hell AQA?!!!!!😤😂
Original post by Soci0
I did AQA Biology ... so far for B1, there was nothing to do with cholesterol or drugs, literally it was only on: plant hormones, animal adaptations, Darwin and a question on adult cloning which had a diagram. So I thought they were being really generous with the science papers xD

Damn.. I dont think we even got a diiagram??
well done tho!! It's not really sunk in i'm doing my GCSE's it's like i'm doing another mock just need my 5 A's for my sixth form aghhh
Reply 11
I have a feeling it will be tissue and I HATE TISSUE
Original post by prxsh
I have a feeling it will be tissue and I HATE TISSUE

noooo, that's like everyone's least favourite!! Should probably revise it then if aqa are feeling as cruel as they were when wrote the paper 1 questions 😤 I hate tissue too😭
Did anyone do Romeo and Juliet or great expectations for the paper 1 today?? If so... what the hell AQA?!!!!!😤😂

That extract for Romeo and Juliet though?!?!?!?
Original post by dania.abdalla
That extract for Romeo and Juliet though?!?!?!?

They literally could've have picked a worse extract if they tried!!!
They literally could've have picked a worse extract if they tried!!!

Literally every time I would open Romeo and Juliet I would skip that extract. I hadn't even fully read it before the exam! It was just I bite my tongue at thee for 14 lines. Nothing you could analyse
Reply 16
noooo, that's like everyone's least favourite!! Should probably revise it then if aqa are feeling as cruel as they were when wrote the paper 1 questions 😤 I hate tissue too😭

Honestly haven't really revised the poems that much which is SO BAD and im already stressing about it lmao...:frown: hopefully i can pull something together by then. My plan is to learn the poems that can be compared to a lot of poems the most so then the poem we are given in the exam I can just analyse on the day (if i dont get it all done by the exam). AHAHA TISSUE IS AWFUL
Original post by dania.abdalla
Literally every time I would open Romeo and Juliet I would skip that extract. I hadn't even fully read it before the exam! It was just I bite my tongue at thee for 14 lines. Nothing you could analyse

I literally said repetition and sarcasm, and that was the end of that😂
Original post by prxsh
Honestly haven't really revised the poems that much which is SO BAD and im already stressing about it lmao...:frown: hopefully i can pull something together by then. My plan is to learn the poems that can be compared to a lot of poems the most so then the poem we are given in the exam I can just analyse on the day (if i dont get it all done by the exam). AHAHA TISSUE IS AWFUL

I'd learnt ozymandias and storm on the island for the mocks and can still remember them, so am just going to learn, in detail, exposure and bayonet charge, and one more- any suggestions??
I literally said repetition and sarcasm, and that was the end of that😂

At least you could extend out quite nicely into the feud, Tybalt, Mercutio and Lord Capulet. My only hope is that the marks for that are generally low:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest