The Student Room Group

Gcse mathematics re-sit

Hi

I am due to do my exam on 25th and 8th of june (higher).

Thing is I don't believe I will be able to achieve my grade of b needed for uni and instead possibly come with C.

Would my college let me re-sit in November (on old A*-C spec) or would I have to enrol on new spec next year
Reply 1
Original post by HighFructose
Hi

Thing is I don't believe I will be able to achieve my grade of b needed for uni and instead possibly come with C.

Would my college let me re-sit in November (on old A*-C spec) or would I have to enrol on new spec next year

I am also retaking foundation on 25th and 8th and the woman said now is the last time you can do the old spec
Original post by Xopher_
I am also retaking foundation on 25th and 8th and the woman said now is the last time you can do the old spec

Hi there. I am also retaking maths. I wish you sucess in the exams and hope that we all pass.
good luck every1 im absolutely shiteing myself
Reply 4
I taking it too, good luck everyone!
Reply 5
Original post by aspire.1a
Hi there. I am also retaking maths. I wish you sucess in the exams and hope that we all pass.

Good luck! :smile:
You're about to fail lad, get gud.
Original post by HighFructose
Hi

How did u find the paper? I have mixed feelings about the paper.
Original post by aspire.1a
How did u find the paper? I have mixed feelings about the paper.

Went okay, didnt get to finish the last couple due to having no time left, but I think the rest of the paper makes up for it
Original post by ironicmonkey
Went okay, didnt get to finish the last couple due to having no time left, but I think the rest of the paper makes up for it

What did u do for the probablity question? The one about the counters
Reply 10
Guys if you get lower second time what grade do you get to keep?
Original post by furq79
Guys if you get lower second time what grade do you get to keep?

Nope :/
Reply 12
Original post by Xopher_
Nope :/

Do you mean that the grade remains the older one? And not the new lower.
Original post by furq79

I'm not 100% sure but i think you keep the highest grade until you retake more than once. In that case you will keep the highest of your last two resits. That's how it works for A level so I'm guessing its the same for GCSE. Hope that helped and good luck in your upcoming exams.:smile:
Reply 14
Thanks. Good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furq79

If you get a D on your first exam, and you get an E in your second, you can't use your D result
Original post by Xopher_
If you get a D on your first exam, and you get an E in your second, you can't use your D result

Yes you can, they always take your highest grade.
Original post by TSR_2000
Yes you can, they always take your highest grade.

What really? I always heard otherwise nvm

Quick Reply

Latest