Turn on thread page Beta

do u think my work is mediocre? watch

ReputationRep:
    how is it mediocre? youve tried your best and thats what matters isnt it? i get criticism for the work that i do, but you got to realise that not everyone has the same taste in art, or the same feelings about it, dont strive to please anyone other than yourself. (unless they are paying you that is!!!! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    u think? i made that out of plaster and then stained it with tea, wierd but it worked
    indeed. but art doesn't pay well..

ReputationRep:
    tese are a few examples of my work do u think they are mediocre, some1 said they were to me 2day thats all
    The first and third one are really nice.

Not so keen on the second one, but hey, just my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    tese are a few examples of my work do u think they are mediocre, some1 said they were to me 2day thats all
    not mediocre, but not spectacular either.

ReputationRep:
    it looks like you copy from books. If you do then do some proper drawing and post those here.

If not - sorry mediocre.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, at first, I thought your thread was about medicine and was wondering what those 3 pictures were (haven't clicked on thumbnails yet). I thought your thread title didn't make sense when I read 'do u think my work is medicine?'. I just woke up and haven't got my glasses on.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Are they final pieces? If so, perhaps they were trying to say that you need to develop them further. You are definitely skilled and I know Falmouth is a good college (it's down here so I know of it ). You will develop a lot during the course but I suggest being more experimental and trying to do things that have a bit more original thought in so when people look, they look twice and don't just think "oooo nice drawing".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Are they final pieces? If so, perhaps they were trying to say that you need to develop them further. You are definitely skilled and I know Falmouth is a good college (it's down here so I know of it ). You will develop a lot during the course but I suggest being more experimental and trying to do things that have a bit more original thought in so when people look, they look twice and don't just think "oooo nice drawing".

these are three of my oldest pieces, i did the first 1 for my mock gcse and the other 2 were just random things i did, allover 2 years old, unfortunately i couldnt get my hand on any of my more recent stuff as its all at college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sashh)
    it looks like you copy from books. If you do then do some proper drawing and post those here.

If not - sorry mediocre.
    well i can say they arnt copied from books well not the firat and 3rd anyway, the parrot is based on my parrot and the 1st was just an image i had in my head (obviously knowing what the tutankhamun looks like having seen pictures) the sencond was taken from a picture in my local library

ReputationRep:
    Currently, mediocre (sorry, it's the harsh truth), but after a few years of development, you should be amazed good.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too hot on the parrot to be honest, and the Pharoah thing is more than a little derivative. The middle one is the pick by some way, very good!

I know it's hard to be original, but that's probably what people want to see. Try and look outside the box.

ReputationRep:
    wow superb their really good i like the first and second 1. and third 1 lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    Currently, mediocre (sorry, it's the harsh truth), but after a few years of development, you should be amazed good.
    like i mentioned previously these are all old pieces especially the pharoh 1 (i did that when i was 15) but thankyou for being honest, i hope uni can help me achieve the level of development i need

ReputationRep:
    ...It would have to be a BLOODY good uni! (maybe Oxford or Doncaster)

The 'artwork' is ****- the one of the bad hair day is so poor my pet rat could do better [even though it is a) female, b) blind, c) limbless, d) dead.]

The squirrel needs more colour but its definately approaching a GCSE pass, maybe even if its a G at that.

And dont even get me started on the disabled badger (no please dont).. lets just say some cross-hatch, a bit of shading and some black and white stripes wouldnt be a bad start.

P.S. Gratitude accepted in advance for being honest.

Kelly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    exactly...the teachers don;t liek YOU - they don't like your work - simple as that! Don't let it get you down. People who buy your work won't know you
    Good point

ReputationRep:
    Ok. Don't do art, but seen as though you put your work up for criticism, I might as well comment. It all seems very straightforward (excuse my lack of 'arty' words). Pictures of objects. The object dictates itself to you, and you put it down as it is, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. However, when I look a paintings, I like to be able to think about them a little more, the different developments, a more obscured vision-rather than a replica of how you would find something in a book. Perhaps you could show us some of your developments, as there is a lot of block colour, and so i fail to notice your attention to detail.Displays around my school often show these developments alongside the final piece, so that you can sympathise with the thought process the artist has been through to reach their final design. At the moment, all I see is straightforward replicas, I'd like to know where your inspiration stems from and the steps you took to achieve your final design. In brief, I think that your work shows potential, but at the moment it greatly lacks a feeling of passion and intensity, a cognition process explored on paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellyLP4)
    ...It would have to be a BLOODY good uni! (maybe Oxford or Doncaster)

The 'artwork' is ****- the one of the bad hair day is so poor my pet rat could do better [even though it is a) female, b) blind, c) limbless, d) dead.]

The squirrel needs more colour but its definately approaching a GCSE pass, maybe even if its a G at that.

And dont even get me started on the disabled badger (no please dont).. lets just say some cross-hatch, a bit of shading and some black and white stripes wouldnt be a bad start.

P.S. Gratitude accepted in advance for being honest.

Kelly
    that was nice, but not really worth anything was it, to me, it seems that people who make harsh comments like this could do a better job, will you prove my theory right?

ReputationRep:
    Right, so you've shown us that you are capable of copying pictures of birds out of books and magazines to a decent standard. Now show us some imagination, although the work you've shown is of a good standard, there is very little in the way of personal, imaginative, original talent; you really do need to try and 'stand out' if you want to succeed in Art.

Sorry if I'm being blunt, I'm not saying I'm any good at Art!

ReputationRep:
    Seen as this has become a bit of a show and tell, here's some of my artwork...

http://juxtapiped.deviantart.com

i think i remember reading in this thread that the pieces you posted where you GCSE work, if so then yeh they are alright. Were they just studies and not final pieces. Well that is what i'm guessing...From these pieces you show that you have the ability to draw so don't stop doing it.

(Original post by Juxtapiped)
    Seen as this has become a bit of a show and tell, here's some of my artwork...

http://juxtapiped.deviantart.com
    you have some pretty great photos in your gallery-it puts mine to shame..

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.