The Student Room Group

Best friend Vs Boyfriend

I'm going on a holiday next year with my family and will have been going out with my boyfriend for nearly 2 years at that point. My parents really like him and say if I want he can come! However, I also have a best friend who I love loads, and am going on holiday with next month. She also has a boyfriend so she might take him next year I don't know. What my question is, is would it be ok to take my boyfriend and not my best friend? Would she be offended or understand with having a boyfriend of her own? I don't know ..x

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mouseyx
I'm going on a holiday next year with my family and will have been going out with my boyfriend for nearly 2 years at that point. My parents really like him and say if I want he can come! However, I also have a best friend who I love loads, and am going on holiday with next month. She also has a boyfriend so she might take him next year I don't know. What my question is, is would it be ok to take my boyfriend and not my best friend? Would she be offended or understand with having a boyfriend of her own? I don't know ..x

I m sure she d understand :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I m sure she d understand :smile:

Ok thankyou!😇 I just don't want to be one of those who ditches everyone for a boyfriend x
Original post by Mouseyx
Ok thankyou!😇 I just don't want to be one of those who ditches everyone for a boyfriend x

As long as you make the effort to do things together and still be there for each other I m sure they won't feel like that
Original post by Mouseyx

my best friend took her other friend who hates me instead of me lol so it's better than that at least
So when is the fight? There are no details in the OP.
Original post by Mouseyx

If I had the choice, I'd take my boyfriend, it would be a lovely, memorable experience for you both and a nice first holiday together. You're going on holiday with your friend next month, she would surely understand if you took your boyfriend next year.
Reply 7
Original post by WoodyMKC
So when is the fight? There are no details in the OP.

Pardon?
Reply 8
Original post by claireestelle
As long as you make the effort to do things together and still be there for each other I m sure they won't feel like that

Yeah I agree! I'll be sure to meet up with her loads!!!
Reply 9
Original post by thewonderwitch0
If I had the choice, I'd take my boyfriend, it would be a lovely, memorable experience for you both and a nice first holiday together. You're going on holiday with your friend next month, she would surely understand if you took your boyfriend next year.

Yeah it'd be a great experience, he'd be so excited😌
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
my best friend took her other friend who hates me instead of me lol so it's better than that at least

Omg that's cold, i hate when you see the bad in someone but your best friend doesn't!
Original post by Mouseyx
Yeah it'd be a great experience, he'd be so excited😌

I'd definitely recommend it, I had the same opportunity two years ago and decided on my boyfriend, my best friend wasn't hurt and she came to stay for a few weeks instead (as she lives away from me) and it was the best first holiday experience I could have with my boyfriend, we went to Edinburgh for a week, we'd like to go abroad at some point in a few years.
Reply 12
I'd definitely recommend it, I had the same opportunity two years ago and decided on my boyfriend, my best friend wasn't hurt and she came to stay for a few weeks instead (as she lives away from me) and it was the best first holiday experience I could have with my boyfriend, we went to Edinburgh for a week, we'd like to go abroad at some point in a few years.

Aww that's so sweet😇 We'd be going abroad too!X
Original post by Mouseyx
Omg that's cold, i hate when you see the bad in someone but your best friend doesn't!

trueeee
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
trueeee

🙄😞
Original post by Mouseyx
Aww that's so sweet😇 We'd be going abroad too!X

Wonderful! It is a beautiful thing when you're on holiday with your partner. It was romantic being in cold Edinburgh and kisses in front of the castle at night to the sound of bagpipes (sort of cheesy sounding but it was magical)

I hope you and your boyfriend decide to go together! It would be unforgettable.
be careful some friends mean what they say whereas others lead you on to get something. Do what you wan't no one cares.
Reply 17
Wonderful! It is a beautiful thing when you're on holiday with your partner. It was romantic being in cold Edinburgh and kisses in front of the castle at night to the sound of bagpipes (sort of cheesy sounding but it was magical)

I hope you and your boyfriend decide to go together! It would be unforgettable.

Me too, fingers crossed my parents book it!😊 Thanks for the advice x
Original post by Mouseyx
Me too, fingers crossed my parents book it!😊 Thanks for the advice x

I hope so! If they do, enjoy yourselves! You're welcome :h: x
Defo go with your boyfriend

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply