Aqa English lit paper 2 Inspector calls and poetry predictions 2017??! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Smhliamxd
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago

Aqa English lit paper 2 Inspector calls and poetry predictions 2017??any ideas please !
y.u.mad.bro?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i just said this on one thread:

(Original post by moa.asim)
Im doing inspector calls and as far as I know, they won't give you a question which no one can answer. Since there are no tiers, the question will be simple so most students can answer it and the examiners can differentiate between high and low level students.

My advice would be to look at all the characters and just learn the message Priestley is conveying through them. Also, take a look at themes because I think it will either be on 'Family Life in 20th Century' or 'Men and Women'. Saying that, don't take my word for it and revise other themes such as social responsibility and young vs old too. Good Luck in your exams.
For poetry, look at all the poems. Don't rely on one poem coming up because if it doesn't come up, you will be left stranded and the poetry section is worth 24 marks so don't risk it. One helpful tip would be to link poems and learn the basics so you can at lest write 2 paragraphs on any poem that comes up. This would secure you a level 4 and to get to level 5 and 6, add more information and write 1-2 more paragraphs if you know the poem in detail.
devotion
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For Inspector Calls it'll be 1 question on a theme and 1 question on a character that you can choose from. Hopefully it'll be something like responsibility/generation gap/social divide and then maybe Mr/Mrs B for characters. If anyone remembers the spec questions and wants to debunk my theories stated above let me know and I can edit this.
Haseeb M.Chaudry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by devotion)
For Inspector Calls it'll be 1 question on a theme and 1 question on a character that you can choose from. Hopefully it'll be something like responsibility/generation gap/social divide and then maybe Mr/Mrs B for characters. If anyone remembers the spec questions and wants to debunk my theories stated above let me know and I can edit this.
The questions available in the specimen paper for inspector calls were how Sheila changes through Inspector Calls and how Priestley explores responsibility in An Inspector Calls.

So it will most likely not be on responsibility. And I have no predictions as there are so many themes available for it and all the characters are kind of equal in importance.
Tommypolz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
any chance it will be about the inspector??
trickytrichster
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKu9pZQTjlE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBdxExh_Mk4

For anyone still revising- pair of great videos for unseen poetry and Inspector Calls by my wonderful Lit teacher!
Loreto2018
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It definitely wont be "Storm On The Island" because that was in the mock/specimen paper. Im thinking Ozymandias or London if AQA are nice or Checking out me History and Tissue if they are mean!
Loreto2018
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by trickytrichster)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKu9pZQTjlE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBdxExh_Mk4

For anyone still revising- pair of great videos for unseen poetry and Inspector Calls by my wonderful Lit teacher!
Thanks you saved my life!
M.Gilbertson
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Smhliamxd)
Aqa English lit paper 2 Inspector calls and poetry predictions 2017??any ideas please !
I think the paper will be straight foward cause paper 1 questions on macbeth and jekyll and hyde were quite good. I think Inspector calls will be on Goole or Mr.Birling and the theme question will be on gender or class. I predict Kamize, War photographer or London for poems.
georgiahewitson
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by devotion)
Hi just so you know the specimen paper was Social Responsibility for the theme and how does Sheila change for the character. Thanks!
HaizSteinfeld
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Haseeb M.Chaudry)
The questions available in the specimen paper for inspector calls were how Sheila changes through Inspector Calls and how Priestley explores responsibility in An Inspector Calls.

So it will most likely not be on responsibility. And I have no predictions as there are so many themes available for it and all the characters are kind of equal in importance.
Could The Question About How Sheila Changes In The Play Come Up Though?
ECDL BAE
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tommypolz)
any chance it will be about the inspector??

being the first year, it should be something as simple as " how does Prestley presents Sheila in the play" or "talk about social responsibility".
ECDL BAE
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HaizSteinfeld)
Could The Question About How Sheila Changes In The Play Come Up Though?
yeah
curiousclouds
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
praying for AIC to be on mr birling and love and relationships to be farmers bride or porphyrias lover
edit:
or how sheila changes, but idk because that was on the speciman i think
ht8118
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone seen this? Name:  IMG-20170525-WA0001.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  61.2 KB
akhiil.g
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ht8118)
im guessing its fake
ECDL BAE
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by curiousclouds)
praying for AIC to be on mr birling and love and relationships to be farmers bride or porphyrias lover
edit:
or how sheila changes, but idk because that was on the speciman i think
I THINK it will be a short poem b/c no tier so they need to help out people who would have done foundation tier in the old spec
mem123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ECDL BAE)
I THINK it will be a short poem b/c no tier so they need to help out people who would have done foundation tier in the old spec
so what do you think ww2p or neutral tones ?
ECDL BAE
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mem123)
so what do you think ww2p or neutral tones ?
yeah something like that. i kinda have a feeling that it could be family relationships because we got love relationships for the mock exam (sonnet 29 could have been compared to any other romantic love poem so i believe family relationship could come up). however, make sure you have revised all poems for your exam. Dont convince yourself that a ceratain poem will come up.
y.u.mad.bro?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ht8118)
AIC was on those topics lol. Mad 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (30)
13.04%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
9.13%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
21.74%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (32)
13.91%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (28)
12.17%
How can I be the best version of myself? (69)
30%

Watched Threads