(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Geography aqa a they have to be low
Original post by Tasha xxx

I for sure agree bc so many people inc me found it hard
Original post by ChiedzaMoyoo
I for sure agree bc so many people inc me found it hard

Yeah, me too. The 8 markers were hard to get your head around... and where were all the case studies I spent HOURS learning?!!!! I did manage to bring some in to the 8 markers for coastal zone and water on the land though so at least that was a good thing!
Eng lit! Paper 1

9- /57
8- 51

Who cares after that
Original post by Anand3761
Eng lit! Paper 1

9- /57
8- 51

Who cares after that

I'd imagine that the grade 8 grade boundary would be slightly lower - maybe 49? You must remember that there will be a huge disparity between the boundary for grade 8 than 9
Eng lit! Paper 1

9- /57
8- 51

Who cares after that

Is that out of 60??
Original post by CandidateZero
I'd imagine that the grade 8 grade boundary would be slightly lower - maybe 49? You must remember that there will be a huge disparity between the boundary for grade 8 than 9

I agree😊
Reply 8
Original post by CandidateZero

The overall lit grade will be wholistic as well so it won't just be one paper the grade is based on. What would you say a 9 would be out of the total of 160?
Reply 9
Eng lit! Paper 1

9- /57
8- 51

Who cares after that

That seems a tad bit too high. :s-smilie:
Original post by e2014
The overall lit grade will be wholistic as well so it won't just be one paper the grade is based on. What would you say a 9 would be out of the total of 160?

Depends on how hard paper 2 is but, based on paper 1, maybe 140? Seems tough, I know, but it's so hard to get a 9 in literature 😭
Were the other books I hard ( i did Macbeth and frankenstein?)
Were the other books I hard ( i did Macbeth and frankenstein?)

Romeo and Juliet was really hard, the extract was so dry and literally the least significant part of the whole play.

Great expectations was better, in my opinion, but still not easy.

Hoping for low grade boundaries!!
How was Macbeth for everyone on wjec board the poem theme was love how easy everyone was predicting harder themes
What would the grade boundaries for Economics May/June 2017 for an A*?? Variant 2
Reply 15
Original post by elliebrown1203
Depends on how hard paper 2 is but, based on paper 1, maybe 140? Seems tough, I know, but it's so hard to get a 9 in literature 😭

Honestly it doesn't seem tooooo tough, I feel like it's entirely possible that I'll get that. Good luck!!!
Romeo and Juliet was really hard, the extract was so dry and literally the least significant part of the whole play.

Great expectations was better, in my opinion, but still not easy.

Hoping for low grade boundaries!!

Everyone in my class said that the question in Great Expectations was quite brutal because there wasn't an incredible amount to say. However, this was contrasted to Macbeth, which had a very nice question and extract to analyse; I absolutely nailed the Macbeth analysis and managed to write one page using two quotes and easily achieved all of the AOs.
Original post by TheMightyBadger
Everyone in my class said that the question in Great Expectations was quite brutal because there wasn't an incredible amount to say. However, this was contrasted to Macbeth, which had a very nice question and extract to analyse; I absolutely nailed the Macbeth analysis and managed to write one page using two quotes and easily achieved all of the AOs.

I'd agree that the Macbeth section was somewhat easy; what are you predicted (or have previously achieved) for English Literature?
Original post by Tasha xxx

AHHHH tell me about it......
It was harder than last year and you only needed 45/75 for that one so I'm hopeful....
Yeah, me too. The 8 markers were hard to get your head around... and where were all the case studies I spent HOURS learning?!!!! I did manage to bring some in to the 8 markers for coastal zone and water on the land though so at least that was a good thing!

YEAH! I spent hours losing sleep learning these random facts and there was absolutely NO place to dump this knowledge.....

Quick Reply

Latest