A-Level English Language Paper 1+2 - 14th June Watch

m1t3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Need help, ASAP!! Revision is currently going down the drain, I am struggling to remember what topics we have to revise for Paper 2. I know the 1st paper question is on textual variation and child language. But Paper 2, I am struggling with. Please help a student in need xo
existential
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there
Paper 2 includes a choice of two essay questions - you answer one. These questions can be on any language discourse (change, regional varieties, occupation, social groups, gender and global English/ethnic variations). Then the next question is a comparative essay of two articles and these could be on any of the discourses in parenthesis above - whereas the essay question is AO1 and AO2 (theories and concepts), the comparative essay is heavily weighted on AO1 and AO4. Then the final question is an article which is based on the language discourse of the two articles in the above question, for example, if the articles are on gender then the article/media piece you write has to be on gender.
Hope this helps! PM me for any help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (11)
6.51%
They've been reasonable (69)
40.83%
Not feeling great... (44)
26.04%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)