The Student Room Group

3 Essay-Based A Levels

I'm choosing my A levels and I wanted to know if taking three essay subjects would be seen unfavourably by universities for having too much overlap. I'm planning on taking English Literature, History and Religous Studies. There's not much else I'd do (except drama, which isn't helpful.) I want to do English, Politics or Law ideally at university. Any thoughts on this? :smile:
I took economics, history and politics for Law :smile: Having 3 essay subjects is never a bad thing especially if you hate sciences and maths!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Don't do RS… do Government & Politics. It's easy and will help a lot if you apply for law/politics.
Original post by zayn008
Don't do RS… do Government & Politics. It's easy and will help a lot if you apply for law/politics.

I always wanted to but they stopped offering it at my school a couple of years ago.
Reply 4
Original post by laurence_tho
I always wanted to but they stopped offering it at my school a couple of years ago.

Hm… I just don't think RS is worth the time and it won't look that good on a uni application. If you don't plan on having an extremely competitive application then it's alright but if you do, it's important you chose a better subject

Quick Reply

Latest