The Student Room Group

Nervous about Mathematic GCSE...

I am extremely nervous about my mathematics GCSE, I secured a 7 in my recent mock however we practically got given the answers before the exam as the school made a power-point with questions VERY and I mean VERY similar to the ones on the mocks and so I just revised from them.... (Regretting it a lot).

I struggle with certain questions such as ratios, vectors, solving questions using graphs and like one or two other topics. But the thing is that Paper 1 is on Thursday and I feel I have no time. I also have other exams to revise for so I'm limited to one day revising for Maths.

Any suggestions to perform well in this exam, I'm taking Maths in Sixth Form but I don't think I'll get the grades to be able to do it... :frown:
Reply 1
bump
try one of the new specimen or practice papers and see what you get and what you need to work on
You've got to understand that the average applicant taking maths GCSE is quite dense i mean if you could get a C in the old syllabus by only getting 25% in each exam imagine what this harder one will be like.
im failing every paper I do and its in 2 days, look at what position im in :/
Reply 5
Original post by emerald7770
im failing every paper I do and its in 2 days, look at what position im in :/

Jeez, feelsbadman... Good luck
Reply 6
Original post by theoneandonlybob
try one of the new specimen or practice papers and see what you get and what you need to work on

Thing is since I'm one of the first to do it no one knows the grade boundaries. So I don't know what grade I achieve.
Original post by WagwanPIFFTING
Jeez, feelsbadman... Good luck

yeah i know u should its proper deep. U too thanks man
Reply 8
Original post by TheIncredibleZ
You've got to understand that the average applicant taking maths GCSE is quite dense i mean if you could get a C in the old syllabus by only getting 25% in each exam imagine what this harder one will be like.

So you mean a C will be less than 25%?
So you mean a C will be less than 25%?

On the basis that it will be harder almost definitely so
I am extremely nervous about my mathematics GCSE, I secured a 7 in my recent mock however we practically got given the answers before the exam as the school made a power-point with questions VERY and I mean VERY similar to the ones on the mocks and so I just revised from them.... (Regretting it a lot).

I struggle with certain questions such as ratios, vectors, solving questions using graphs and like one or two other topics. But the thing is that Paper 1 is on Thursday and I feel I have no time. I also have other exams to revise for so I'm limited to one day revising for Maths.

Any suggestions to perform well in this exam, I'm taking Maths in Sixth Form but I don't think I'll get the grades to be able to do it... :frown:

Don't stress too much, do a couple of exam questions and go over questions you got wrong in previous tests. The best thing to do is to try and understand how to get to the answer, rather than just learning what the answer is. If you understand the method then everything should be fine xx
I'm sure it will go okay :smile: x
Good luck x
Reply 11
Original post by abc_123_
Don't stress too much, do a couple of exam questions and go over questions you got wrong in previous tests. The best thing to do is to try and understand how to get to the answer, rather than just learning what the answer is. If you understand the method then everything should be fine xx
I'm sure it will go okay :smile: x
Good luck x

Thank you for the reassurance, appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest