The Student Room Group

Many dead in explosion at MEN arena - Manchester

There have been numerous reports of explosions at MEN arena in the last 10 minutes.

Emergency services are attending the incident and police have advised people to stay away from the area. The sounds were reportedly heard at the end of an Ariana Concert, sources saying just after the concert ended

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/22/manchester-arena-police-explosion-ariana-grande-concert-england
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-40007886?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

Exam boards say A-levels and GCSEs exams can be rescheduled for students affected

22:00 23/05/17 - terror threat raised to critical

If you've been affected by the events in Manchester, contact Childline or the Samaritans for support. If you are in Manchester and are concerned for a loved one who has not returned home, call 0161 856 9400 or 0161 856 9900
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Wait. So as soon as thestudentroom goes down for maintenance, there is an explosion in Manchester....?
And BBC are yet to cover it...
Original post by That'sGreat

To be fair, the BBC aren't usually the first to get something up. It literally just happened, according to sources
Looks like thestudentroom is part of a mass conspiracy to blow up Arianas speakers
Reply 5
1/100 odds on a certain word being mentioned on this thread on the first page...
I hope they're OK
Original post by TheBBQ
This is what you worry about? The perpetrators rather than the victim?

And you wonder why people don't always say nice things about muslims.

He might have explicitly mentioned the word Muslims, but others implicitly said it. Why then only pick on one person? How do you even know he's a Muslim any way?
Original post by That'sGreat

BBC page is up. Check OP
Reply 9
Original post by r3035
literally nothing happened.

this is fake news

Oh good. Hey everybody, don't worry, r3035 has confirmed that everything is okay.
Original post by TheBBQ
This is what you worry about? The perpetrators rather than the victim?

And you wonder why people don't always say nice things about muslims.

Original post by The_Internet
He might have explicitly mentioned the word Muslims, but others implicitly said it. Why then only pick on one person? How do you even know he's a Muslim any way?

Yeah I was going to say, Who said I was a Muslim...?

Secondly, that's what I mentioned. Doesn't mean just because I didn't say everything I was worried about that you can pick and choose for me.

Thirdly, I mentioned this because the backlash all Muslims receive for one maniac is normally the biggest problem. It's dumped on innocent people and judgemental people like you are one of those indoctrinated.

Lastly, I don't wonder why people don't say nice things about Muslims. You sound like you have a lot to get off your chest so take your problems to someone who cares
Sounds really serious hope no one has died
Reply 12
Original post by UWS
1/100 odds on a certain word being mentioned on this thread on the first page...

They beat ya to it!
Reply 13
Confirmed fatalities
Reply 14
Original post by zayn008
They beat ya to it!

Check again :holmes:
Greater Manchester Police have just said confirmed fatalities on Facebook :sad:
Original post by Rock Fan
Sounds really serious hope no one has died

This is from GMP's verified Twitter account:

Link to tweet - https://twitter.com/gmpolice/status/866786909544230912
Reply 17
Original post by UWS
Check again :holmes:

TheBBQ said it but deleted it :colonhash: Is it the T word or the M word? They said the M word.
Reply 18
Original post by zayn008
TheBBQ said it but deleted it :colonhash: Is it the T word or the M word? They said the M word.

The latter. TSR threads always come to this, it's quite funny :lol:
Reply 19
Lot of misinformation being spread round social media right now, so don't jump to conclusions, but from what I gather, there doesn't seem to be that much evidence to suggest terrorist attack, at least not at this stage, that may change of course.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply