The Student Room Group

Many dead in explosion at MEN arena - Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
"Sky-daemon", what amusing and odd imagery that conjures :toofunny:

I'm just imagining a man with a long beard sailing through the sky, dressed in a dementor's cloak and with a flying goat following closely behind.
what i dont get is that why the army has been deployed only in london and at Buckingham palace and Westminster... these places get enough protection as it is. Its the areas where the common folk go that have to be protected. Typical elite class hell bent on saving their arses first!
Original post by sachinisgod
what i dont get is that why the army has been deployed only in london and at Buckingham palace and Westminster... these places get enough protection as it is. Its the areas where the common folk go that have to be protected. Typical elite class hell bent on saving their arses first!

The military are there to free up the armed police that are usually there, so that the police can have an increased presence elsewhere. The military isn't doing the extra cover so much in this part of Op Temperer, more freeing up the armed police so they can do the extra cover

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sachinisgod
Its the areas where the common folk go that have to be protected. Typical elite class hell bent on saving their arses first!

And they will be, by the police who are now free to protect them after being freed up from their 'routine' defensive positions.

Makes perfect sense if you bothered to pause and understand their reasoning.

Nor is it only in London. They've been deployed at numerous locations around the country, but the most so far have been deployed in London because that's where most of the 'normally' armed locations are.
(edited 6 years ago)
"Muslim leaders in Manchester report rise in Islamophobic incidents".

An absolute disgrace. This is an issue that MUST be addressed.
Original post by NickLCFC

What did you expect? That they'll be given candy?

It's only the beginning for good or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheEngineer12345
x

The guy was British born...
Original post by _Fergo
What did you expect? That they'll be given candy?

It's only the beginning for good or not.

I expect random Muslims NOT to be physically and verbally abused because of an incident that had absolutely nothing to do with them or their religion.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by generallee
I seem to have hit a nerve, the truth hurts I guess.

You are using this tragedy, using the death of children, to attack your political opponents for doing exactly the same thing you are doing! The nauseating hypocrisy of the left is never ending.

And the modern Labour Party is not patriotic. The Party of Atlee and Bevin was, but not Corbyn's iteration.

Neither of thse two great patriots would have been apologists for the IRA when it murdered British soldiers, citizens and their fellow Parliamentarians.

That is Corbyn's shame. Your leader.

The British government over the last few years has:

- Cut police funding
- Cut funding to the armed forces
- Funded and armed Saudi Arabia who fund ISIS and promote Wahabbisim across the world as well as channeling funds to Islamic hate preachers in the U.K.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Bornblue
The guy was British born...

Don't confuse the poor petal with logic, that's just rude.

They've already posted something that's been in this thread about 20 times, so I don't think we should really expect lofty principles and intelligent debate.

- Cut police funding
- Funded and armed Saudi Arabia who fund ISIS and promote Wahabbisim across the world as well as channeling funds to Islamic hate preachers in the U.K.

Precisely. In fact, when you address that third point you get accused of virtue-signalling and other nonsense. It's tragic.
I expect random Muslims NOT to be physically and verbally abused because of an incident that had absolutely nothing to do with them or their religion.

Oh here we go with the ignoring the religion.

Any of them as bad as the "Islamic incident" on Monday night.

- Cut police funding

Governments of both colours have done and continue to do all 3.
It was a Labour chancellor who said "every pound spent on defence is a pound wasted", a Labour government that introduced unnecessary PFIs to the armed forces that have cost the taxpayer billions of pounds, but served the unions rather nicely.
It was Labour who, in the late 90s-early 00s carried on with the Al Yamamah defence deals with Saudi, and on behalf of BAE, sold arms, equipment and expertise in return for oil.

Don't make this red v blue, because both sides lose.
Original post by joe cooley
Any of them as bad as the "Islamic incident" on Monday night.

The bodies of the men, women and young girls aren't even buried yet and they bang on about how they're the real victims. Pathetic.

People are ****ing angry, and the Muslims playing the victim card are making it worse.
so GMP police have just raided an area in my town and im hearing rumblings that they think this guy is the bombmaker. its an asian enclace tbf or at least right round the corner. madness, you dont expect stuff like thay to happen in a small town like mine
Original post by Reformed2010
You said **** terrorist and Islam in the same sentence If you want to act dumb with me and pretend you were not trying to equate mass murder with a religion followed by 1 billion people, you can. But I will not be fooled. Try again, mate.

No mate of mine - and you need to learn to read. I'll repeat my post here and you can go back and check it

"Certainly need to change yours. never thought I'd agree with Donald Trump on anything but when he calls these people losers he's right. They are barbarians who deliberately targeted children. Anyone who makes excuses for the pathetic inadequate murderer of an 8 year old girl (and probably more children) or their equally pathetic supporters needs to change their attitude fast.

I'm proud to live in a society that doesnt see the murder of young children as anything other than the slaughter of innocents.

If there is a God then the murderer will be rotting in hell and I hope there is an eternity of punishment for them. "

No mention of Muslims or Islam at all. Your apology is awaited.
Original post by Dodgypirate
The bodies of the men, women and young girls aren't even buried yet and they bang on about how they're the real victims. Pathetic.

People are ****ing angry, and the Muslims playing the victim card are making it worse.

To be honest i think the non-Muslim virtue signallers are most guilty on that score.
do muslim haters think kkk represents all of christianity? then why say isis are representing all muslims? dont brush all muslims under the same brush but i doubt any muslim hater finds that interesting as it doesn't push their hatred and agenda

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending