The Student Room Group

Many dead in explosion at MEN arena - Manchester

Scroll to see replies

DAdyGWnXkAAvsWL.jpg-large.jpeg

Edit: Oops I didn't see that somebody already replied with this.
Original post by Wilfred Little
This is from GMP's verified Twitter account:

Link to tweet - https://twitter.com/gmpolice/status/866786909544230912

I fear the worst now
Guy on BBC says he thinks potentially 20-30 fatalities...

Painting a really bad picture this
It would be incredibly sad if the deaths were the result of unnecessary panic/stampede caused by something like a speaker/equipment failure.

Whatever the reason, this is a terrible. Hope the injured recover swiftly and thoughts go out to the families.

:frown:
Certainly indicates many dead according to this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-40007886
"Terrorism is just a way of life in a big city".

Unconfirmed as of yet, but some news sites are claiming the two explosions were 'large balloons'.
(edited 6 years ago)
If this is a terror attack, do not worry because I have some candles left over from the last one. We can light the candles, speak empty words about solidarity, and go on a peace march to show everyone else we are not scared as we wait like sitting ducks for the next one.
Strange the lack of information so far considering the amount of apparent casualties.
Reply 28
Can confirm fatalities, just seen a graphic picture
Can we please wait to find out what's actually happened before trying to make political points out of this?
Original post by Dodgypirate

Unconfirmed as of yet, but some news sites are claiming the two explosions were 'large balloons'.

Why are you deliberately misrepresenting what Sadiq Khan said? He said the risk of terrorism is a part of every day life, which is true, no?
Original post by Bornblue
Can we please wait to find out what's actually happened before trying to make political points out of this?

This is TSR, of course that isn't happening no matter how much we want it.
IRA resurgence?

Don't believe the official line about a speaker, if that's what gets touted. This was a bomb.
Reply 34
Original post by Bornblue

If only, in many instances, it's pretty clear it's probably a terrorist attack, but in this case, it doesn't appear clear at all (at least at this stage) what the cause of it is, yet there's still the usual stuff with the 'I told you so' and 'religion of peace' sarcastic reactions.

It is weird how little info is coming out on it though...
Absolutely heartbreaking reading some of the tweets from parents and siblings who are no doubt terrified trying to find out about their loved ones and get in contact :frown:
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls - it tolls for thee."
Remember, this could be you soon. How many more have to ****ing die before we break out of our paralysis? Not voting Labour now.
Original post by Aerospengie
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls - it tolls for thee."
Remember, this could be you soon. How many more have to ****ing die before we break out of our paralysis? Not voting Labour now.

How exactly are we supposed to stop things like this?
Original post by Aerospengie

Don't believe the official line about a speaker, if that's what gets touted. This was a bomb.

After what you just "joked" mate you should be ashamed. I'm assuming it was the mods that deleated it. That was a vile thing to say. Show some bloody respect. :mad:
Original post by Dodgypirate

Confirmed fatalities, injuries, and armed police suggest the balloon theory to be untrue

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending