The Student Room Group

Stuck

Can someone help me out. Currently I am studying English literature, Religious studies and Psychology at AS. However I really want to drop psychology. Ultimately I want to leave with three a levels so I'm thinking of picking up an a level next year as a private candidate and finishing that a level within a year. Which subjects would be "easy" to finish within a year?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by sumaiyaj
Can someone help me out. Currently I am studying English literature, Religious studies and Psychology at AS. However I really want to drop psychology. Ultimately I want to leave with three a levels so I'm thinking of picking up an a level next year as a private candidate and finishing that a level within a year. Which subjects would be "easy" to finish within a year?

The only one ive seen mentioned regularly is RS. Its going to depend where your aptitudes are.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
The only one ive seen mentioned regularly is RS. Its going to depend where your aptitudes are.

Thanks for the the reply. and yeah I know I would never go anywhere near maths or any of the sciences.
Thanks for the the reply. and yeah I know I would never go anywhere near maths or any of the sciences.

Sorry I cant really help because whats good for one person might be the kiss of death for another.

If you cant do another facilitating subject (the ones that are considered academically sound and challenging) and we rule out stem subjects, then that leaves arts and social sciences?

Perhaps identify the degree you wish to do and check they dont rule out specific ones? I have seen things like General studies, citizenship and critical reasoning being excluded from consideration.

How about Classics, Business studies, Sociology or Philosophy? Imo you would have to work over the Summer to get to grips with it?

Weaker ones would be film or media studies.
Reply 4

Yep your definitely right. And thank you. I wanted to try out classics because I have a slight overview on how it's taught and what you do for the subject. I might consider it. I'm also considering sociology but honestly ik it may sound lazy and ignorant but I just want to get through the year as it's gonna be tough anyway and I understand you have to memorise a lot for sociology so I'm still weary. Anyway thanks a lot!

Quick Reply

Latest