The Student Room Group

Can I enter parents bank account as I don't currently have one open?

Hi
I am applying for student finance for Sep2017. On the additional information page it asks for bank details. I don't currently have an open bank account but I plan to open one in a couple of weeks when I return to the UK, I'm currently volunteering abroad in Thailand. Is it possible to enter my parent's bank details for now and then change it at a later date?
Thanks for the help.
Original post by tora94
Hi
I am applying for student finance for Sep2017. On the additional information page it asks for bank details. I don't currently have an open bank account but I plan to open one in a couple of weeks when I return to the UK, I'm currently volunteering abroad in Thailand. Is it possible to enter my parent's bank details for now and then change it at a later date?
Thanks for the help.

It has to be an account in your name. You can leave it blank and update it later.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
It has to be an account in your name. You can leave it blank and update it later.

Thankyou for the quick reply,

I will return to the UK on June 22nd so I will hopefully have a bank account setup in my name before the end of July.
Do you know when the final date is that I need a loan for?

Thanks again
Original post by tora94
Thankyou for the quick reply,

I will return to the UK on June 22nd so I will hopefully have a bank account setup in my name before the end of July.
Do you know when the final date is that I need a loan for?

Thanks again

Hi Tora,

We would advise to get everything in for the loan before the course start date. There is no set date that you must have everything in by to get your loan before the course starts. The final deadline is 9 months after the start of your academic year. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest