• Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys
So all of us know that there was this Manchester Arena Attack today
22 people were killed at Ariana Grande's concert
Was anyone affected by that? Or did it happen close to where you live, guys?
What are your views on this attack?
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
22 killed not 19
Reshyna
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sammylou40)
22 killed not 19
Oh sorry
Just checked now
This morning when I read the news, it said 19, but now they've confirmed it as 22
I'll edit it
thanks
Moonstruck16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There's another thread going about this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reshyna
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moonstruck16)
There's another thread going about this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Terribly sorry
I didn't notice the other threads
If you want, I could close this thread
Moonstruck16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Reshyna)
Terribly sorry
I didn't notice the other threads
If you want, I could close this thread
Up to you but be warned that this will probably get derailed soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reshyna
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moonstruck16)
Up to you but be warned that this will probably get derailed soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:erm: derailed?
Underscore__
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
:erm: derailed?
Yeah, the perpetrator will be assumed as Muslim and people will use this an an excuse to blame over a billion people for the actions of one person

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dodgypirate
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Underscore__)
Yeah, the perpetrator will be assumed as Muslim and people will use this an an excuse to blame over a billion people for the actions of one person

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations!!
Reshyna
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
ISIS claims responsibility for Manchester attack
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...z&ocid=UP97DHP
Reshyna
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
8 year old girl named second victim of attack
Grande says she's 'broken' after Manchester attack
Ambitious1999
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dodgypirate)
Congratulations!!
(Original post by Underscore__)

Posted from TSR Mobile
We need to blame the circumstances of what turns people to such radicalism and evil and not blame their religion. People feel alienated by capitalist society, let down, robbed of hope and opportunity. So they look for an society that is against the system that she caused them such misery and hopelessness.
We need to stop this by giving young people hope and fairness. Society needs to admit its own blame and errors instead of always blaming others. Maybe it's society that needs to 'Buck up its ideas'
Reshyna
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ambitious1999)
We need to blame the circumstances of what turns people to such radicalism and evil and not blame their religion. People feel alienated by capitalist society, let down, robbed of hope and opportunity. So they look for an society that is against the system that she caused them such misery and hopelessness.
We need to stop this by giving young people hope and fairness. Society needs to admit its own blame and errors instead of always blaming others. Maybe it's society that needs to 'Buck up its ideas'
You are absolutely right
joe cooley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ambitious1999)
People feel alienated by capitalist society, let down, robbed of hope and opportunity. So they look for an society that is against the system that she caused them such misery and hopelessness.

Any explanation as to why only Muslims are so affected by capitalist society they feel the need to slaughter children at a pop concert?

No other demographic seems to react to our capitalist society in the same way.
Reshyna
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
(Original post by joe cooley)
People feel alienated by capitalist society, let down, robbed of hope and opportunity. So they look for an society that is against the system that she caused them such misery and hopelessness.

Any explanation as to why only Muslims are so affected by capitalist society they feel the need to slaughter children at a pop concert?

No other demographic seems to react to our capitalist society in the same way.
It was the ISIS
And muslims can never be blamed for what the ISIS did
ISIS is only a small proportion of muslims, and the whole religion can never be pointed out for what they did!
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It was the ISIS
And muslims can never be blamed for what the ISIS did
ISIS is only a small proportion of muslims, and the whole religion can never be pointed out for what they did!
Then it is the tiniest percentage then that our society "alienates" then? We are not in any way to blame for what happened. That they twist their teachings to suit their agenda is their own responsibility. Not ours. Ever.
flatline
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
  1. What are your views on this attack?

ISIL evidentally claimed responsibility for the attack, therefore my view about it's what my view on all the other tragedies in France, Germany, Etcetera were: the west's having an epidemic of integrating people from different areas, and that because you can't screen for ideology this's going to happen essentially till the ideology dies out.
Reshyna
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sammylou40)
Then it is the tiniest percentage then that our society "alienates" then? We are not in any way to blame for what happened. That they twist their teachings to suit their agenda is their own responsibility. Not ours. Ever.
Not trying to say like that
ISIS are terrorists, so this religion does not need to be mixed up with terrorism
If they are terrorists, they could not be trusted, all of us know it
And religion has nothing to do with terrorism
There could be other terrorists out there, so are we all concerned about what their religion is? Nah,
Why does everyone point out Islam?
That's my question
I don't want to derail the thread
ISIS isn't the only terrorist group in this world, there could be some others out there, so guys please don't point out islam, in this matter
Terrorism has nothing to do with religion
Moonstruck16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ISIS are terrorists, so this religion does not need to be mixed up with terrorism
There could be other terrorists out there, so are we all concerned about what their religion is? Nah,
That's my question
ISIS isn't the only terrorist group in this world, there could be some others out there, so guys please don't point out islam, in this matter
Daesh are Muslims though. They interpret Islam in their own twisted way, much like Westboro Baptist Church and the KKK interpret Christianity in their own way. Terrorism has no religion but a lot of current terrorism is to do with Islam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's my question
When the terrorists themselves claim it is Islamic and in the name of allah it is everything to do with Islam. Just their own twisted version of it. I don't think for one single second that all muslims think the same way The majority are not to blame
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (66)
8.05%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.8%
No, but I want to start (303)
36.95%
No, I am unable to (203)
24.76%
No, I chose not to (225)
27.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise