The Student Room Group

Uni Local or away

Hi I don't know if I should stay local for university place or go Local West Midlands. I am a little bit worried about travelling the further ones in the West Midlands and I don't know I'm not too sure yet of my decision so only really help me or advice about travelling to uni For example I live in Birmingham I want to apply for Worcester or Wolverhampton Coventry. But I feel like there is a bigger range of broad range of universities further afield but I don't know about the travelling where I have to be in at 9 o'clock whether I can go by train back.

Massage won't know cheapest way of getting around really and you know best way to commute from meal is that a better option for me going bit further afield all the help they enjoy his local or not .
Reply 1
Original post by thomassennett
Hi I don't know if I should stay local for university place or go Local West Midlands. I am a little bit worried about travelling the further ones in the West Midlands and I don't know I'm not too sure yet of my decision so only really help me or advice about travelling to uni For example I live in Birmingham I want to apply for Worcester or Wolverhampton Coventry. But I feel like there is a bigger range of broad range of universities further afield but I don't know about the travelling where I have to be in at 9 o'clock whether I can go by train back.

Massage won't know cheapest way of getting around really and you know best way to commute from meal is that a better option for me going bit further afield all the help they enjoy his local or not .

Is moving out an option for you? What course are you looking to do at each university? I think the main thing is to pick something where you'll enjoy studying at. Commuting for more an an hour each way can be quite draining so keep that in mind. Arriving for a 9am lecture and living far away is a nice experience.
Hi that's what I'm thinking I thought it might be a bit of a drain trying to commute there and back every day I think I'm I have to look into it because I want to go to Worcester and to media production and I also been thinking about doing media studies and he like that so I'm looking at media schools other places. And I live in Birmingham so I was thinking Birmingham University Worcester University Coventry University or Wolverhampton and it's just the travel bit little bit stuck on I don't know if staying is an option yet because I haven't lived away from home and I have difficulties in out in normal life situations so is a little bit hard to see if Sailway is possible as well that would look relieve you ate it all even driving to Worcester
Reply 3
If it helps, Worcester is only a half an hour drive on a clear run from Birmingham.

I think moving out is the best option for university, I think you miss out on too much. Maybe look at accommodation in Worcester and then at least you're close to home should you need to pop home?
Reply 4
Original post by Tubbz
If it helps, Worcester is only a half an hour drive on a clear run from Birmingham.

I think moving out is the best option for university, I think you miss out on too much. Maybe look at accommodation in Worcester and then at least you're close to home should you need to pop home?

That's sorta what I've done, I'm going to stay in halls at Wolverhampton but it's still only two buses away so I can visit family and pop home whenever I want. Worcester is really easy to get to on the train too from Birmingham, so OP has that option too.
Reply 5
Original post by DJ98
That's sorta what I've done, I'm going to stay in halls at Wolverhampton but it's still only two buses away so I can visit family and pop home whenever I want. Worcester is really easy to get to on the train too from Birmingham, so OP has that option too.

Agreed, Foregate street goes direct to Snow Hill/ Moor Street so you're right, there's options there.

Plus the uni has accommodation in the town centre making commuting to and from halls easier.
Reply 6
Original post by Tubbz
Agreed, Foregate street goes direct to Snow Hill/ Moor Street so you're right, there's options there.

Plus the uni has accommodation in the town centre making commuting to and from halls easier.

The Hereford to Birmingham trains also stop at Shrub Hill and Foregate Street, and take you into New Street, so that's another option. There's also the 144 bus from First that goes from Birmingham to Worcester, takes just under two hours though but will probably be cheaper.
Original post by thomassennett
Hi that's what I'm thinking I thought it might be a bit of a drain trying to commute there and back every day I think I'm I have to look into it because I want to go to Worcester and to media production and I also been thinking about doing media studies and he like that so I'm looking at media schools other places. And I live in Birmingham so I was thinking Birmingham University Worcester University Coventry University or Wolverhampton and it's just the travel bit little bit stuck on I don't know if staying is an option yet because I haven't lived away from home and I have difficulties in out in normal life situations so is a little bit hard to see if Sailway is possible as well that would look relieve you ate it all even driving to Worcester

I'd look in to living away it's the first time for many people some of who had things like Autism I wasn't sure i was ready even at 21 but i went and did it anyway I don't regret it at all.

Quick Reply

Latest