Offering a Pre-booked Room at McMillan Student Village, Greenwich Watch

oonatukia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am looking for someone to take over a room I booked in advance at a lower rate at McMillan Student Village for the academic year 2017/2018. However, I have decided not to take up this room for next year. The 40-week-contract is for a single studio at the rate of 198£ per week, compared to the 208£ that it is at right now. The room has a private kitchen and a toilet and is situated at a quiet top floor of the block, ideal for students who are looking for peace and quiet with only four other students on the entire floor. It is a very comfortable, secure area with a laundrette and security services 24/7. McMillan Student Village is only a 10 minute walk away from the University of Greenwich (3 minutes by bus) and a 5 minute walk away from Cutty Sark DLR and Greenwich tube station. Buses 188 and 199 leave from right in front of the village with which you can get to Canada Water Station on the Jubilee line in just 20 minutes. There are two shops (Sainsbury's Local and Tesco Express) downstairs open until 11pm. I loved living here for the last two years and highly recommend an area that is so affordable and accommodating. Every tenant is required to pay a deposit of 250£ at the start of their contract to ensure that any possible damage to the room is covered throughout the year. The deposit is either refunded to you at the end of your contract, or can be rolled over to your next room if you decide to stay at McMillan for the next academic year. Do not hesitate to ask me any questions regarding the contract, uni life, the are and the accommodation. For any questions contact me!
UniofGreenwich
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by oonatukia)
I am looking for someone to take over a room I booked in advance at a lower rate at McMillan Student Village for the academic year 2017/2018. However, I have decided not to take up this room for next year. The 40-week-contract is for a single studio at the rate of 198£ per week, compared to the 208£ that it is at right now. The room has a private kitchen and a toilet and is situated at a quiet top floor of the block, ideal for students who are looking for peace and quiet with only four other students on the entire floor. It is a very comfortable, secure area with a laundrette and security services 24/7. McMillan Student Village is only a 10 minute walk away from the University of Greenwich (3 minutes by bus) and a 5 minute walk away from Cutty Sark DLR and Greenwich tube station. Buses 188 and 199 leave from right in front of the village with which you can get to Canada Water Station on the Jubilee line in just 20 minutes. There are two shops (Sainsbury's Local and Tesco Express) downstairs open until 11pm. I loved living here for the last two years and highly recommend an area that is so affordable and accommodating. Every tenant is required to pay a deposit of 250£ at the start of their contract to ensure that any possible damage to the room is covered throughout the year. The deposit is either refunded to you at the end of your contract, or can be rolled over to your next room if you decide to stay at McMillan for the next academic year. Do not hesitate to ask me any questions regarding the contract, uni life, the are and the accommodation. For any questions contact me!
Hello oonatakia,

I do not believe you can sublet your room like this, as it will breach your contract. I recommend contacting [email protected] as there will be new students coming in who should be able to get this room instead.

Alternatively, you can call 020 8331 8272 option 3

Sarah :bunny:
jfwekfnwe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
£208 a week is a lot, that's £832 in rent a month.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Greenwich
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (162)
58.91%
No I haven't decided yet (66)
24%
Yes but I might change my mind (47)
17.09%

Watched Threads