Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i've already annoyed quite a lot of people with that but i never give up , and I really wanna know how I could upload my own movie into a website or send it to other people via email, knowing that its size is 112 Mb . If u could help a lil desperate girl like me that'd me really nice!
    tanx

ReputationRep:
    Run your own server. Or use a service like YouSendIt. For a file that size, I don't think either is free.

ReputationRep:
    You need some webspace - about 120MB. Unless you know someone who has this space..you'll have to buy it. I think you can get options of 600MB (with a domain name) for around £50ish a year..so if you can find a place that sells just space..it should be much cheaper.

You could host the file on your own computer - but that would mean setting up a web or file server..and considering that you asked the initial question in the first place, I think this is an option you should stay away from.

ReputationRep:
    do a search on google for free webspace - some offer up to 200meg for free, but they are usually strictly against simply filestoring, so you would have to set up a small webpage (just a few lines of text) to link to the video. I've never really used any of these companies so can't vouch for how good they are (my hosting comes with my domain).

Edit: Also, it depends on your connection - Broadband it won't take too long, 56K it will take hours!!! You will probs need an FTP client too but I won't go into that 'cos it depends on the provider.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasminouchka)
    i've already annoyed quite a lot of people with that but i never give up , and I really wanna know how I could upload my own movie into a website or send it to other people via email, knowing that its size is 112 Mb . If u could help a lil desperate girl like me that'd me really nice!
    tanx
    If you are still having problems, gimme a PM and I'll host for you (along with a website if you want).

Will 300 downloads be enough? I don't want extortionate bandwidth usage .

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.