Masters loan + PGCE loan

Watch this thread
rebekah.mccomas
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I currently am studying a Masters degree part-time via distance learning and am being funded via a Postgraduate Loan. I am really keen to train as a teacher but don't want to give up on completing the Masters.

Would it be possible to gain a Student Loan to complete my PGCE whilst also receiving the Masters loan?

If not, if I dropped out of the Master's would I still be eligible for a loan to undergo a PGCE?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rebekah.mccomas)
I currently am studying a Masters degree part-time via distance learning and am being funded via a Postgraduate Loan. I am really keen to train as a teacher but don't want to give up on completing the Masters.

Would it be possible to gain a Student Loan to complete my PGCE whilst also receiving the Masters loan?

If not, if I dropped out of the Master's would I still be eligible for a loan to undergo a PGCE?
You can't receive funding for a PGCE and a masters for the same academic year (and I'd strongly recommend you don't start a PGCE with other commitments - it's a VERY intensive course).

PGCE funding is separate from the PGL and other forms of funding and previous qualifications at higher levels wont stop you from being eligible. So you can complete a masters and then later get full funding for a PGCE (just not in the same academic year)
Hazel Fulton
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rebekah.mccomas)

Hi rebekah,

You cannot receive undergraduate (PGCE is classed as undergraduate funding) and post graduate funding in the same academic year. If you leave the masters course, you could apply in the next academic year for a PGCE. Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (31)
18.56%
The paper was reasonable (68)
40.72%
Not feeling great about that exam... (33)
19.76%
It was TERRIBLE (35)
20.96%

Watched Threads