Please help! International student and Exam boards

Watch
Thar Lun Naing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am an international student studying for A levels.(International versions). Two exam boards; Cambridge(CIE) and Edexcel, are available in my country. I am currently studying 4 subjects.
Mathematics( Edexcel)
Economics(Edexcel)
Business(Cambridge)
History(Cambridge)
Do universities accept international students who hold A levels qualifications from different exam boards?

Note: I wish I can study for just one exam board(Edexcel), but my Business and History tutors are not familiar with Cambridge exam board.
Please help
littleswany
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Thar Lun Naing)
I am an international student studying for A levels.(International versions). Two exam boards; Cambridge(CIE) and Edexcel, are available in my country. I am currently studying 4 subjects.
Mathematics( Edexcel)
Economics(Edexcel)
Business(Cambridge)
History(Cambridge)
Do universities accept international students who hold A levels qualifications from different exam boards?
x
Note: I wish I can study for just one exam board(Edexcel), but my Business and History tutors are not familiar with Cambridge exam board.
Please help
Hey, I did the international Edexcel and Cambridge exams and got offers from all my UCAS choices, so no it does not matter that you are mixing and matching. Hope all goes well for you
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Thar Lun Naing)
Mathematics( Edexcel)
Economics(Edexcel)
Business(Cambridge)
History(Cambridge)

Please help
If you are applying to a UK university then yes that's fine.

In some other countries, international qualifications such as A levels have to be officially recognised for university entrance. If applying to a university that is outside of the UK you should contact the university for advice
sabeennn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by littleswany)
Hey, I did the international Edexcel and Cambridge exams and got offers from all my UCAS choices, so no it does not matter that you are mixing and matching. Hope all goes well for you
Hey, what were your international edexcel subjects? I'm having a very hard time finding a textbook for economics edexcel IAL is it the same for other edexcel IALs?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (32)
31.68%
No - I have already returned home (10)
9.9%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (23)
22.77%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (7)
6.93%
No - I live at home during term anyway (29)
28.71%

Watched Threads