Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bratcat)
    Hey, cut out the insults and the language, okay?

It appears to me that you and a few other rather individuals have been taken in by the nauseating emotional blackmail that passed for the 'article' that precpitated this thread. I think you'll find that many paedophiles use exactly the same arguments to justify their actions.

Have an excellent day.
    Are you saying that you don't think it is possible for somebody to think that zooaphillia is ok without them being emotionally blackmailed. I think that there is a difference between Zooaphillia and bestiality because in beastiality the animal is just being used to satisfy the persons sexual need in zooaphillia the person is or atleast thinks that they are in love with the animal.

I think that zooaphillia is acceptable as long as the animal isn't being caused pain. You can not compare paedophillia to zooaphillia for many reasons that I have listed already on this thread. The main one being that animals aren't humans and they do not associate the same importance to sex that even children do. but if you read my previous posts I have answered that point.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you ranndom!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calamity jane)
    Animals (other than us) are FAR less important than a human being.
    Well I think that's a big issue. Probably one for another debate. I can see where you're coming from .. as obviously us humans have a far greater intellect than animals.

(Original post by calamity)
    No I do understand what you have said. I know you stated they had rights but you never said why they were entitled to them. I never said what you said was wrong just coz I lost it (didn't at all but i did with that eleenia).
    Well that's because I don't know why, and anything I said would have been my opinion & not fact. I just know they are entitled to them Fortunately spk was on the case & came up with the necessary relevant info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I think that there is a difference between Zooaphillia and bestiality because in beastiality the animal is just being used to satisfy the persons sexual need in zooaphillia the person is or atleast thinks that they are in love with the animal.
    Hmm I did not know that.

Do you think, therefore, that bestiality is acceptable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Do you think, therefore, that bestiality is acceptable?
    Can't you look at the poll?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Can't you look at the poll?
    Well, no, because the poll is for zoophillia, not bestiality.

ReputationRep:
    Well, no, because the poll is for zoophillia, not bestiality.
    But some of those voters will treat them as one and the same.

ReputationRep:
    But some of those voters will treat them as one and the same.
    True that may be, but my question was directed at randdom who quite clearly believes them to be separate acts:

I think that there is a difference between Zooaphillia and bestiality because in beastiality the animal is just being used to satisfy the persons sexual need in zooaphillia the person is or atleast thinks that they are in love with the animal.

ReputationRep:
    Is she distinguishing the difference on her own subjective opinions or by a dictionary or other?

ReputationRep:
    Is she distinguishing the difference on her own subjective opinions or by a dictionary or other?
    I don't know, and I don't think it matters. I asked her if she thought her idea of bestiality was acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, and I don't think it matters. I asked her if she thought her idea of bestiality was acceptable.
    It does matter because if she was using her own opinion and others didn't realise there could be misunderstandings.

ReputationRep:
    It does matter because if she was using her own opinion and others didn't realise there could be misunderstandings.
    No but I was asking her a subjective question i.e. does she think that what she considers to be bestiality is an acceptable act?

Therefore it doesn't matter if she's right or wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Therefore it doesn't matter if she's right or wrong.
    But it will with some people on the board. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    But it will with some people on the board. :rolleyes:
    :confused: Like who? Nobody else has to take notice I was just asking her a simple question. If we take the term 'bestiality' out of the question to avoid any confusion whatsoever -

It has been established that randdom believes that 'zoophillia' is acceptable, that is when zoophillia is a sensual, loving relationship between a human and an animal.

However, what I asked next was whether or not randdom would deem it acceptable for a human to engage in sexual action with an animal simply for gratification, with no consideration for the animal whatsoever (and this is what randdom believes is bestiality, whether this definition is accurate or not I don't know but that doesn't matter because I'm only asking randdom).

If I used that definition to prepose a general question to members of the board, then there might be a problem. But I was only asking randdom.

ReputationRep:
    :confused: Like who?
    Perhaps some users who have already read and made earlier posts to this thread.

ReputationRep:
    You're right that there is a difference but you are wrong about what that difference is:

Zoophilia: sexual attraction to animals

Bestiality: sexual activity between a person and an animal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spk)
    You're right that there is a difference but you are wrong about what that difference is:

Zoophilia: sexual attraction to animals

Bestiality: sexual activity between a person and an animal
    Really?! :confused: Well in that case I think Zoophilia (is it 2 l's or 1?) is acceptable ... you can't be punished for thoughts alone can you?

ReputationRep:
    Really?! :confused: Well in that case I think Zoophilia (is it 2 l's or 1?) is acceptable ... you can't be punished for thoughts alone can you?
    As NDGAARONDI pointed out, people treat them as one and the same. I certainly assumed that's what ColdFire intended when starting this thread:

(Original post by ColdFire)
    Zoophillia is term used to describe people who participate in sexual intercourse with animals.

Should a line be drawn between sexual interaction with animals and humans? Other members of the animal kingdom try to copulate with different species, so what is wrong with humans doing the same? Are humans not just animals?

Is Zoophillia just a natural alternative to homosexuality or heterosexuality?

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats what i thought. Ooops........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spk)
    As NDGAARONDI pointed out, people treat them as one and the same. I certainly assumed that's what ColdFire intended when starting this thread:
    Alright well ... to avoid any confusion whatsoever:

I think it is acceptable to be sexually attracted to animals, even though I find it very, very strange.

But I think it is not acceptable to sexually interact with another animal.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.