Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is Zoophillia acceptable? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i am trigger)
    ok you have a point but at the end of the day how intelligent is a dog?
    Depends on the breed.

ReputationRep:
    Personally the idea of sleeping with an animal seems a bit wronge but I see that some people might like the idea. I think that aslong as there is no abuse of the animal an adult should be allowed to engage in this type of activity. It is there choice. There will always be a taboo associated with it but if it is illegal it shouldn't be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Personally the idea of sleeping with an animal seems a bit wronge but I see that some people might like the idea. I think that aslong as there is no abuse of the animal an adult should be allowed to engage in this type of activity. It is there choice. There will always be a taboo associated with it but if it is illegal it shouldn't be.
    Define abuse. Same could be said about younger adults with each other perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Define abuse. Same could be said about younger adults with each other perhaps.
    When it comes to animals I define abuse as something which is hurting the animal or upsetting it. If the animal seems fine then I have no problem with it. I don't get the second point can you rephrase

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    I assume he means children.
    Yeah. It can be argued that a 20 year old would not hurt a 12 year old and the young one may not refuse and consent to it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious. Does this term pertain to those couples who don't mind the pet dog or cat to engage in voyeurism by not kicking them out of the room prior to having sexual intercourse??? I only ask because I saw the results of a survey on this question a while ago and roughly 60% of those surveyed said that they allowed their pets to remain in the room while they had sex. I have even jokingly reached out to pat my partners dog when the little mongrel jumped up on the bed. Result of that being a screech of my name and a resounding slap across the face before a hail of derisive laughter.

ReputationRep:
    Something I thought of some time ago. Makes you wonder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    there is something not right about someone who wants to sleep with animals... they can't say no, and there is an issue with consent.

It seems like there is no issue of fancying an animal, it just seems like people want to get their jollies any which way they can. Jeez, just get a flesh-light if you can't get a girl :rolleyes:
    I'm against this idea for pretty much the same reasons as yourself Rednirt...

But looking at your Avatar...! :rolleyes: It's almost as cute as you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    But looking at your Avatar...! :rolleyes: It's almost as cute as you!
    You're doing it again aren't you? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    Even if it can be argued that one of the two lovers doesn’t have the mental capacity to consent to intercourse? thus having the likely consequence that they will be "mentally" hurt in the future?
    Surely that illegitimises sex in all non-human animals as by such loose reasoning, they all lack the capacity to choose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Do Chickens Fly)
    Surely that illegitimises sex in all non-human animals as by such loose reasoning, they all lack the capacity to choose.
    Actually my post was in response to someone who didn’t see a problem with a grown man and an 11y/o having sexual intercourse, not animals.

ReputationRep:
    It should be prohibited for the same reason why pedophilia is prohibited: In order to protect those [the animals] who are not in a situation to make their own decisions about what is best for them.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. It can be argued that a 20 year old would not hurt a 12 year old and the young one may not refuse and consent to it.
    You see I think that there is a difference between that and sex with Animals. Because Humans have the capacity to choose. By that I mean that in the wild if a female animal goes on heat (even you domestic cat) there will be loads of males which sleep with the animal weather or not the female concents. Secondly if the animal is the one on the giving end should we say then it is choosing to do it and therefor isn't uncomfatable.

Like I said in my previous post the idea of doing things with animals personally repulses me but I think it is hard to argue that it is wronge from a cruelty point of view when we live in a society that on the whole treats animals very badly. So while I wouldn't want to do it I don't think it should be illegal.

ReputationRep:
    You see I think that there is a difference between that and sex with Animals. Because Humans have the capacity to choose.
    How do you define a capacity to choose? I'm agreeing with you more or less.

I think it is hard to argue that it is wronge from a cruelty point of view when we live in a society that on the whole treats animals very badly.
    I know.

So while I wouldn't want to do it I don't think it should be illegal.
    Conversely you could advocate the contrary, which will mean all forms of animal cruelty must be illegalised for the same reasoning as bestiality. However, this may be an unrealistic argument for practical terms due to animal testing and other ilk.

ReputationRep:
    How do you define a capacity to choose? I'm agreeing with you more or less.
    I would argue that a younge child knows that it doesn't want the adult to treat it that way. Where as an animal doesn't possess the wide range of emotions and the sense of reasoning that even a human child does. Add to the the fact that naturally animals while on heat will mate with many animals concenting or not and are not mentally effected by it I would say that it isn't comparable with peodophillia.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is hard to argue that it is wronge from a cruelty point of view when we live in a society that on the whole treats animals very badly. So while I wouldn't want to do it I don't think it should be illegal.
    In what way does our society on the whole treat animals very badly? On the contrary, there are strictly enforced laws preventing cruelty to animals, especially those bred for food or scientific research.

Bestiality would never conform to such ethicl principles, since it is taking advantage of a 'dumb' creature purely for sexual pleasure, with no consideration for the animal's welfare. Humans have a duty of care, enshrined in law, to those who are unable to protect themselves from cruel and unecessary exploitation, and this includes animals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spk)
    In what way does our society on the whole treat animals very badly? On the contrary, there are strictly enforced laws preventing cruelty to animals, especially those bred for food or scientific research.
    So strict that the RSPCA has little powers

Why the hell do we need animal testing then?

Have you been to a slaughter house or have seen vegan's arguments against dairy farms?

I've no idea if any animal cruelty to animals on religious grounds is permitted. Something ages ago I read about the Jews or something with electric shock? anyone know? I am probably mistaken by miles since it was some time ago.

(Original post by spk)
    Bestiality would never conform to such ethicl principles, since it is taking advantage of a 'dumb' creature purely for sexual pleasure, with no consideration for the animal's welfare. Humans have a duty of care, enshrined in law, to those who are unable to protect themselves from cruel and unecessary exploitation, and this includes animals.
    I know humans who can be taken advantage of much more easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spk)

Having watched a program about the people who were involved in beastiality on channel 4 a while ago, I found that generally the animals involved are treated very well they aren't being abused. I strongly disagree that we as a country treat are animals that are bread for food well with battery farming ect you only have to go to some of the animal rights web pages to find stories about some of the ways that these animals are treated. Add to that hunting ect and you will see that we as a country don't treat animals as fairly as we can. These are the animals who are being abused to a much higher extent than the animals who are normally pets and treated well that are involved in beastiality.

ReputationRep:
    I would argue that a younge child knows that it doesn't want the adult to treat it that way. Where as an animal doesn't possess the wide range of emotions and the sense of reasoning that even a human child does. Add to the the fact that naturally animals while on heat will mate with many animals concenting or not and are not mentally effected by it I would say that it isn't comparable with peodophillia.
    Up until a certain age a chimp and human child posses the same level of intellect, performing similarly in basic comprehension tests.

ReputationRep:
    Having watched a program about the people who were involved in beastiality on channel 4 a while ago, I found that generally the animals involved are treated very well they aren't being abused. I strongly disagree that we as a country treat are animals that are bread for food well with battery farming ect you only have to go to some of the animal rights web pages to find stories about some of the ways that these animals are treated. Add to that hunting ect and you will see that we as a country don't treat animals as fairly as we can. These are the animals who are being abused to a much higher extent than the animals who are normally pets and treated well that are involved in beastiality.
    Beware of biases though

When was this program on? Channel 4 seem to have some unusual documentaries recently.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.