Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    Up until a certain age a chimp and human child posses the same level of intellect, performing similarly in basic comprehension tests.
    Ok I will give you that but looking at the animals who are usually involved in beastiallity they don't eg Cats, dogs, horses ect

ReputationRep:
    Up until a certain age a chimp and human child posses the same level of intellect, performing similarly in basic comprehension tests.
    And what age is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Beware of biases though

When was this program on? Channel 4 seem to have some unusual documentaries recently.
    I know channel 4 are slightly odd at the moment. I was on about two months ago I think. It didn't actually show any thing it just talked to people who were involved in it. I am aware that there will be biases but the animals shown in this program were not being abused.

ReputationRep:
    And what age is that?
    Not sure, i think it is 24 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I know channel 4 are slightly odd at the moment. I was on about two months ago I think. It didn't actually show any thing it just talked to people who were involved in it. I am aware that there will be biases but the animals shown in this program were not being abused.
    I guess people have their own subjective definition on the word abuse.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure, i think it is 24 months.
    I think that might be a bit late. Let me know if you find out for definite

ReputationRep:
    I think that might be a bit late. Let me know if you find out for definite
    Its either 18 or 24 months. I read an experiment conducted by a psychologist who raised a chimp along side his own son (literally), the psychologist noticed the chimp picked up various behavioural traits from his son, but he stopped the experiment when he realised that his son was also picking up behavioural traits from the chimp :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Its either 18 or 24 months. I read an experiment conducted by a psychologist who raised a chimp along side his own son (literally), the psychologist noticed the chimp picked up various behavioural traits from his son, but he stopped the experiment when he realised that his son was also picking up behavioural traits from the chimp :eek:
    Was this figure raised from this experiment? If so it's not a thorough and fair test IMO and is quite crude for a professional (assuming he is one) to conduct such an experiment.

ReputationRep:
    Was this figure raised from this experiment? If so it's not a thorough and fair test IMO and is quite crude for a professional (assuming he is one) to conduct such an experiment.
    No, the age was raised from a different and more rigorous experiment conducted in America over a course of years.

ReputationRep:
    No, the age was raised from a different and more rigorous experiment conducted in America over a course of years.
    Do you know the details? I also consider where the experiment was taken place. USA if this is what you mean by America have had dubious 'professional' experiments. Guess that's why there is this distinction of this transplant between our surgeons and theirs Forgot what it was over.....ugh.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know the details? I also consider where the experiment was taken place. USA if this is what you mean by America have had dubious 'professional' experiments. Guess that's why there is this distinction of this transplant between our surgeons and theirs Forgot what it was over.....ugh.
    I can’t quite remember. I came across the experiment whilst studying psychology, there were also a few others carried out in Africa (concluding the same), but i only read the American one in depth.

Any other psychology students know the names of the experiments im referring to?

ReputationRep:
    Just noticed your shiny new avatar *sniggers*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColdFire)
    Zoophillia is term used to describe people who participate in sexual intercourse with animals.

Should a line be drawn between sexual interaction with animals and humans? Other members of the animal kingdom try to copulate with different species, so what is wrong with humans doing the same? Are humans not just animals?

Is Zoophillia just a natural alternative to homosexuality or heterosexuality?

I read an article by a Zooaphilliac and below are extracts:

“Zoosexuality is not a fetish, it is the life-style of one who has a loving, most likely sexual fondness for non-human animals”.

“I enjoy being a the sensual love for non-human beings, in fact I'm a canine-exclusive, meaning that canines are the only creature I find arousing sexually. I would like you to know that it is my personal belief that it's better to love your partner(s) rather than merely using them for self gratification”.

“Not only does love render sex more enjoyable but also makes abuse less likely”.

Full article can be found at: http://www.zoophilia.net/zoosexual.php

So is Zoophillia acceptable?
    that article is the most friggin disgusting, repulsive thing i have ever read, blatantly written by someone who is SERIOUSLY fu*ked up in the head...of course it's not acceptable!

What next...paedophilia?! Incest?! Good lord, this world is a messed up place.

ReputationRep:
    Just noticed your shiny new avatar *sniggers*
    Emule! Been trying to put one but the dimensions are either too big or is too large in terms of size (kB etc). Wanted an England flag really

ReputationRep:
    You're doing it again aren't you? :rolleyes:
    Stop catching me on man... Or at least stop telling me about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Stop catching me on man... Or at least stop telling me about it!
    I have a watchful pair of eyes. It has been noticed before in this section

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    that article is the most friggin disgusting, repulsive thing i have ever read, blatantly written by someone who is SERIOUSLY fu*ked up in the head...of course it's not acceptable!

What next...paedophilia?! Incest?! Good lord, this world is a messed up place.
    Why don't you think it is acceptable? I think that there is a difference between Beastiality and the two things that you listed.

ReputationRep:
    A basic definition of lawful sexual intercourse is that it happens between consenting adults. The fundamental reason why bestiality is not acceptable is because we can never gain consent from an animal.

The person will always be using the beast for their own sexual gratification - that is at least comparable to statutory rape between an adult (over 16) and a minor (under 16), even if no actual physical harm or coercion is involved.

The human is abusing their position of power over the creature, thus this is abuse and is rightly proscribed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spk)
    A basic definition of lawful sexual intercourse is that it happens between consenting adults. The fundamental reason why bestiality is not acceptable is because we can never gain consent from an animal.

The person will always be using the beast for their own sexual gratification - that is at least comparable to statutory rape between an adult (over 16) and a minor (under 16), even if no actual physical harm or coercion is involved.

The human is abusing their position of power over the creature, thus this is abuse and is rightly proscribed.
    I would disagree, I don't see how this can be considered an abuse of power when it isn't considered abuse to raise an animal in dreadfull condtions just to kill them at a later date. Having read this article it seems like the animals are treated well. In some case the animals even seem to be choosing to conduct the sexual act. So why is this considered more abusive than the many other horrible ways that animals are treated in this country which is legal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spk)
    A basic definition of lawful sexual intercourse is that it happens between consenting adults.
    No. A basic definition of sexual intercourse is: 'when a penis enters a hole’.

If it is the animal doing the "fuc*ing" then the human is taking a passive role and therefore intercourse is continuing at the animals will. I don’t see how this can be interpreted as “abuse”.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.