The Student Room Group

Fake IDs? Do they even work or is it not worth it?

I'll have just turned 17 when I first go to uni and i really don't want to have to wait an entire year to start drinking. I'll be in Glasgow and a friend said the clubs are really strict, but I've also heard fake IDs won't work anymore. I'll be so annoyed if I have to wait until I'm 18. Is there any way I'll be able to go on nights out/get drink?
Also, are you IDed for entry to places or just buying drink?
Yeah, fake ID's don't really work anymore because most clubs and stuff I've been too scan your ID.
Reply 2
Original post by GGHarambe
Yeah, fake ID's don't really work anymore because most clubs and stuff I've been too scan your ID.

Yeah, the bigger clubs do this.

Still not advisable using fake ID though.
Reply 3
Original post by empix
I'll have just turned 17 when I first go to uni and i really don't want to have to wait an entire year to start drinking. I'll be in Glasgow and a friend said the clubs are really strict, but I've also heard fake IDs won't work anymore. I'll be so annoyed if I have to wait until I'm 18. Is there any way I'll be able to go on nights out/get drink?
Also, are you IDed for entry to places or just buying drink?

Not worth it mate! Seriously!

I understand it is cool and fun to go clubbing, hell I have been going since I was 18 (legal age in England). The thing is, a lot of clubs are now introducing and incorporating the clubscan technology into their business model and business as a whole. What this technology does is essentially scans your "ID" and displays on a screen your actual age. It may store your data, but that is a different topic altogether. Now if you were to go in with a fake "ID" and try and get in, the system would most likely pick up on it. If not, the bouncers may pick up on it and boy it ain't worth it.

It is not worth the risk and trust me, clubs get pissed off when people try and cheat them and since it is clubscan, you may be banned from other clubs who are making use of this technology.
Reply 4
Original post by k0nzr
Not worth it mate! Seriously!

I understand it is cool and fun to go clubbing, hell I have been going since I was 18 (legal age in England). The thing is, a lot of clubs are now introducing and incorporating the clubscan technology into their business model and business as a whole. What this technology does is essentially scans your "ID" and displays on a screen your actual age. It may store your data, but that is a different topic altogether. Now if you were to go in with a fake "ID" and try and get in, the system would most likely pick up on it. If not, the bouncers may pick up on it and boy it ain't worth it.

It is not worth the risk and trust me, clubs get pissed off when people try and cheat them and since it is clubscan, you may be banned from other clubs who are making use of this technology.

Damnnnn, that's so annoying. I've been reading up about it and it really does sound dodgy. Such a pain in the ass but I'm definitely starting to see it doesn't seem worth it :/ looks like I'll just have a year of staying in then πŸ˜‚ Thanks for the advice mate
At least you can still drink outside of clubs. house parties etc.
I have one it works in certain clubs and bars, it depends on the area and the bouncer, also depends who your with age wise
What fake Id do you have and where did you get it?
Original post by Agoacher12
What fake Id do you have and where did you get it?

If you're gonna bump an old thread, at least read through it and realise that it's not worth getting one.

Quick Reply

Latest