pandora72
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
If I have a module which was assessed by two essays (70%) and an exam (30%) - if I fail the exam but still pass the module overall due to my high essay grade will I still have the option to retake my exam? Because I've heard you can only retake exams if you fail but does that mean the actual exam or the module 🤔
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by pandora72)
If I have a module which was assessed by two essays (70%) and an exam (30%) - if I fail the exam but still pass the module overall due to my high essay grade will I still have the option to retake my exam? Because I've heard you can only retake exams if you fail but does that mean the actual exam or the module 🤔
It depends on your universities policies some allow a pass if your overall module grade is over 40% but some would make you resit to pass the exam
Alan88
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When I was in my second year, I got 72% on an essay and 33% on an exam. Because of the weightings, I passed the overall module with just over 40%.

As it was considered a pass overall, I was told I was not eligible for a resit on an exam. This was because if I had done a resit, it would have been capped at 40%, which the module leader said would not have improved my module grade all that much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (183)
61.2%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
4.01%
No- I want it (82)
27.42%
No- I don't want it (22)