Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I feel like there's no people doing Edexcel! I couldn't find any topics on it, so here I go. I've been struggling with Psychology since last year and this year's issues and debates are making it even worse. I'm seriously considering dropping out lol. Does anyone have a similar problem? How do you revise? Any helpful tips? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sodiumchloride)
    I feel like there's no people doing Edexcel! I couldn't find any topics on it, so here I go. I've been struggling with Psychology since last year and this year's issues and debates are making it even worse. I'm seriously considering dropping out lol. Does anyone have a similar problem? How do you revise? Any helpful tips? Thanks.
    I do Edexcel A2 psychology as well - it's horrible. No resources anywhere :eek:. I use revision cards and even this doesn't work very well. worried I'm going to fail. Got away with barely revising last year and being 1 mark of a B but I think i'll barely scrape a C if I don't do something fast.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really struggling too! Does anyone else find that the mark schemes only give you like 5 possible answers and in reality what you've written is correct, but just not on the mark scheme? Like research evidence for example?? So difficult

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sodiumchloride)
    I'm really worried about Issues and Debates too! For psychology, I like using revision cards since if you memorise the contents (studies, evaluation, etc) you should be fine. Although I am struggling to memorise all those small studies used in evaluations.:doh: How do you guys feel about the maths? We need to know how to do Chi-Squared test, standard deviation, Mann Whiney-U, Wilcoxon and I think there are others as well

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpj...yBUxgI83ZC7-fg
    Good revision videos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CouldntThinkOf1)
    I'm really worried about Issues and Debates too! For psychology, I like using revision cards since if you memorise the contents (studies, evaluation, etc) you should be fine. Although I am struggling to memorise all those small studies used in evaluations.:doh: How do you guys feel about the maths? We need to know how to do Chi-Squared test, standard deviation, Mann Whiney-U, Wilcoxon and I think there are others as well
    I don't particulary like the maths in psychology (and in general haha) but I think I'm alright with it! Really worried about what issues and debates are gonna come up on Wednesday :/ And I haven't even revised research methods yet, still stuck doing learning stuff!

ReputationRep:
    Website dedicated to the new spec edexcel Psychology
    http://www.psychologywizard.net/

ReputationRep:
    There definitely seems to be a lack of edexcel psychology students!

(Original post by B-Biscuit)
    Website dedicated to the new spec edexcel Psychology
    http://www.psychologywizard.net/
    This is amazing - thank you for sharing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clucky_chick)
    There definitely seems to be a lack of edexcel psychology students!

This is amazing - thank you for sharing!
    No problem, glad i could help

ReputationRep:
    What do you think will come up on the exam tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    any predictions??? there's not an official thread for the edexcel exam board
    i think milgram variation studies will come up

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the exam today?

ReputationRep:
    I didnt finish

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was so bad, I don't think I'm even getting 50%... And I knew everything! Those 8 markers though... and a twin study that I didn't even know we had to learn in detail. :/

ReputationRep:
    i thought the questions were fine, really straight forward and easily answered
    timing was definitely an issue though

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for standard deviation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgia_1999)
    What did everyone get for standard deviation?
    4.23 I'm pretty sure ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Timing was a really big issue for me. I didn't finish it properly and ended up throwing some A01 sentences at some of the 8 markers hoping that it will get me half marks. :/

ReputationRep:
    i found the exam okay i feel like everyone ran out of time though, found the question on 'how is cognitive reductionist' hard though

ReputationRep:
    i did the paper as well and was so disappointed bcuz i couldnt finish on time at all and now that i go over it i feel like it was traumatic

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 18, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.