The Student Room Group

OU Part time tuition fee loan

hi i've applied for my first module of a degree with open uni, i've just received an email to say student finance is open to apply so after going through the process it asks me when my course starts, mine starts in october 2017 but the latest date to select is may 2017. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
Original post by newbielou
hi i've applied for my first module of a degree with open uni, i've just received an email to say student finance is open to apply so after going through the process it asks me when my course starts, mine starts in october 2017 but the latest date to select is may 2017. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

It sounds like you've applied for funding for the 2016/17 academic year - try to restart your application for the 2017/18 academic year or use the paper form available here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y/uk-part-time/apply-loans-grants/year-1718/new-student/course-start-after-01092012
Original post by newbielou
Thanks

Hi newbielou,

If you have definitely applied for the 17/18 academic year, it sounds like the course dates have not been updated by the funding provider yet. If you've incorrectly applied for 16/17, you'll need to delete the application before you can correctly apply for 17/18. If you can't delete this online, call us on 0300 100 0607 and we can delete it over the phone. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending