The Student Room Group

can you pass an exam if you revise a day later?

if u fail all year around and decide to revise the day before, can u still pass? has this happened to any of you?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It is technically possible, but not likely, however if your choices are this and just failing then it's pretty clear what you need to do.
Original post by lulno
It is technically possible, but not likely, however if your choices are this and just failing then it's pretty clear what you need to do.

my exam is tomorrow
c2?
Original post by emerald7770
if u fail all year around and decide to revise the day before, can u still pass? has this happened to any of you?!

At gcse I didn't ever study hard and consistently got c/d in chem all year but for two days before my exam I studied really hard and I got an A* in the end

If I did that this year tho loool there's no way
Reply 5
A day later?
Reply 6
Yes, if you have a time machine.
Original post by mathshelppp
c2?

maths
Original post by _princessxox
At gcse I didn't ever study hard and consistently got c/d in chem all year but for two days before my exam I studied really hard and I got an A* in the end

for all your subjects?! thats crazy. im in this position now but mine is tomorrow (25th) so i need to fix up real quiccc.

nah that shouldnt even come to ur head if ur doing a levels lol
Original post by Asha_19
A day later?

Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Yes, if you have a time machine.

lmao i meant before*
for all your subjects?! thats crazy. im in this position now but mine is tomorrow (25th) so i need to fix up real quiccc.

nah that shouldnt even come to ur head if ur doing a levels lol

Only for chemistry and physics, I just scraped an A in physics
Go and revise!!! Good luck
Only for chemistry and physics, I just scraped an A in physics
Go and revise!!! Good luck

how hard did u study goddamn and did u drink something magical or somethin? well good on you! :biggrin:

thnx im going to study all day today
Reply 12
It depends on the module, how much of the material you have some semblance of recollection of/comfort with, what questions come up, etc. At GCSE I'd be so bold as to say some people could get an A* like this. At A-level, if you don't know that much, you won't do that well. But pass? I mean, sure. An E is a pass and I'd be so bold as to say I could pretty easily get an E in any A-level module if you gave me the revision materials for the day before.

Ding Dong!
Thats what I did to get an A* in maths, after consistent B's and the odd A here and there - The markdowns were just fails
Reply 14
how hard did u study goddamn and did u drink something magical or somethin? well good on you! :biggrin:

thnx im going to study all day today

Oh, I see this is in the GCSE forum and you said maths. In that case, yup, totally feasible. I mean I got 100% in my Summer GCSE Maths exms with a couple days revision and I know people who pretty much didn't revise apart from skimming the textbook on the day and got A*s.
It depends on the module, how much of the material you have some semblance of recollection of/comfort with, what questions come up, etc. At GCSE I'd be so bold as to say some people could get an A* like this. At A-level, if you don't know that much, you won't do that well. But pass? I mean, sure. An E is a pass and I'd be so bold as to say I could pretty easily get an E in any A-level module if you gave me the revision materials for the day before.

Oh, I see this is in the GCSE forum and you said maths. In that case, yup, totally feasible. I mean I got 100% in my Summer GCSE Maths exms with a couple days revision and I know people who pretty much didn't revise apart from skimming the textbook on the day and got A*s.

But it's a day before tho? and it's foundation btw and i got like D's all year round. I guess i can if i work really hard thank you!!! for me maths is a very hard subject to learn and skimming through it would most defo not help me at all. hah i just think i need motivation probs
Reply 16
But it's a day before tho? and it's foundation btw and i got like D's all year round. I guess i can if i work really hard thank you!!! for me maths is a very hard subject to learn and skimming through it would most defo not help me at all. hah i just think i need motivation probs

Fair enough; it is a short time span but I'd just advocate going through your textbook and doing a bunch of questions, moving onto past papers if you have time. You'll probably need to work flat out. Going from a D to a C is obviously significant but not a gigantic stretch and you may be able to manage it with enough work.
Fair enough; it is a short time span but I'd just advocate going through your textbook and doing a bunch of questions, moving onto past papers if you have time. You'll probably need to work flat out. Going from a D to a C is obviously significant but not a gigantic stretch and you may be able to manage it with enough work.

that's true, thank you very much

do a couple practice papers for the new spec and see what you are bad at then watch some tutorials on of it on youtube
Reply 19
my exam is tomorrow

Then sleep and study when you wake up, being tired will not help.

Quick Reply

Latest